The Student Room Group

Why is it so hard to find a gay partner

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vanessa Chuah
Queer is a term for people who don't put labels on themselves.

Original post by Reality Check
To be honest, I'm not sure that 'queer' is widely understood by those who don't define as such. I'm certainly not sure on what it means. Obviously it doesn't mean 'threesomes' - I'm not some meathead from the 1980s, but a lot of these terms are ill-defined and confusing for people.

To add to this, it's an umbrella term for anything within the LGBTQ+ community some people are not sure how they might define themselves, some people also feel much safer using it if they haven't come out yet. Some people just prefer it because it's more general. I'm happy to explain to people don't get me wrong but I think it does get a little frustrating. :h:
Original post by Kavala
Obviously it depends if your opinion align with the mainstream. Due to my cultural background, they do not align with general British attitudes

Then you obviously have to expect that your comments are not going to be appreciated or welcomed by the majority. This is a UK site aimed primarily at British students and a UK audience, and with that comes an general ethos of tolerance and diversity. If your background doesn't match up with this, then there's going to be a problem.

The nice thing about TSR is that you're still perfectly entitled to use the site, and express your opinions - so long as they are within TSR rules. But you can't expect people to welcome homophobic and other content which demonstrates intolerance and bigotry. That's not what we are about.
Original post by SANDERS101
So I’m 16 and for some reason even though we are meant to be 1 in every 100 people nobody at my school is gay and I have come to vent about it here enjoy !

I feel u. They are either hooking up with guys who are far older than them when they are quite clearly underage, or leading u on.
Then you obviously have to expect that your comments are not going to be appreciated or welcomed by the majority. This is a UK site aimed primarily at British students and a UK audience, and with that comes an general ethos of tolerance and diversity. If your background doesn't match up with this, then there's going to be a problem.

The nice thing about TSR is that you're still perfectly entitled to use the site, and express your opinions - so long as they are within TSR rules. But you can't expect people to welcome homophobic and other content which demonstrates intolerance and bigotry. That's not what we are about.

Please provide an example where I’ve demonstrated either intolerance or bigotry. I’ve merely said I agreed with another poster, that is all.
Original post by harrysbar
You're not for them are you?

To be specific, I’m not ‘for’ gay marriage or gay couple adoption rights. Anything else I don’t really have a problem with.
Original post by Kavala
Please provide an example where I’ve demonstrated either intolerance or bigotry. I’ve merely said I agreed with another poster, that is all.

I'm not talking about this thread specifically, or indeed you specifically. I'm talking in general terms :smile:
I'm not talking about this thread specifically, or indeed you specifically. I'm talking in general terms :smile:

Then that’s fair enough
If it helps, age is definitely a large factor within gay or queer dating. I "came out" as lesbian when I was four (I liked exclusively my female classmates), but you can bet that I did not have my first meaningful gay relationship until I was 17. It took other individuals time to identify their sexuality or feel comfortable with being open enough to date someone of the same sex, so I waited 13 years to connect with someone like me. Going to University, especially in a historically gay-friendly area, should help because that is where I met most of my LGBT+ friends and partners. It is really hard right now, and that frustration is valid, but it does get easier when you transition to older age groups where people start to match your confidence level.
Original post by karl pilkington
You're kind of agreeing with him there they don't have enough of their own so go after straught people.
If they are going after me, they go after anything that moves, so a little gay feller should have no problem at least having sex with another gay feller.
I'm not a gay, I'm bi-curious but I want to find tactful and intelligent boy or couple for oral sex.
Original post by MikeBi2020
I'm not a gay, I'm bi-curious but I want to find tactful and intelligent boy or couple for oral sex.

Grindr.
Original post by SANDERS101
So I’m 16 and for some reason even though we are meant to be 1 in every 100 people nobody at my school is gay and I have come to vent about it here enjoy !

It takes less effort to find a gay partner, than to find a heterosexual partner. These days everyone is gay, so my chances of finding the perfect person is a challenge.
Reply 92
Original post by Anonymous
It takes less effort to find a gay partner, than to find a heterosexual partner. These days everyone is gay, so my chances of finding the perfect person is a challenge.

just because your dad is, doesn't mean everyone else is too.
Original post by Ciel.
just because your dad is, doesn't mean everyone else is too.

Actually, my dad is dead. So nice try! There are a hell lot more gay people than straight people.
Actually, my dad is dead. So nice try! There are a hell lot more gay people than straight people.

:confused:
Reply 95

ok let me correct my post then
"just because your dad was, doesn't mean everyone else is too."
Original post by Ciel.
ok let me correct my post then
"just because your dad was, doesn't mean everyone else is too."

I must thank you for the correction. However, that doesn't make it true.
Original post by Fermion.
It’s hard to find a partner, period. Nevermind a gay partner. :lol:

Oh Fermion, your so gorgeous, I don't believe for one moment, you have any problems.
By the way how was the buttered chicken?
Xx
I find it annoying how a lot of my friends prefer going to a club that is known to be popular with the LBGT because of the “atmosphere”. Saying that, IT makes me a hypocrite for tagging along.

I’ve always felt it’s an invasion of their safe zone. That and making it even more difficult, maybe even creating reluctancy, for the LGBT to approach one another.

Any thoughts?
Reply 99
I must thank you for the correction. However, that doesn't make it true.

ooh so he was one of the super rare straight people, no way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending