The Student Room Group

Ruined relationship due to insecurity but got a new chance?

There's this guy I really like. We've dated already. He fell at first sight and wanted to spend all time with me. We are both autistic and quite emotional people. He expresses it way more than me though who tends to bottle everything up instead. He says anything that comes to mind and he said he loved me after 3 dates and was scared to lose me. I've felt that way myself so I can't judge too much honestly. Only difference is I wouldn't say it out loud at that point.

All guys i've gone on dates with has been very childish. This guy is serious and I can discuss anything with him he listens to me and I can bring up concerns without him getting mad or offended. He always wants to find solutions to problems and is honest about everything in his life, what he thinks and feels. I find that to not be super common.

I don't have the good confidence. Whenever someone likes me I always assume they're out to get me secretly. He felt worthless because of it before because I kept pushing him away no matter what he did. Now he is willing to give me a new chance. I don't think it has been an easy decision for him even though he still likes me, I can tell he's going about it very carefully. Any advice how I can feel less insecure? I especially don't want to hurt him again, I would feel really bad. And I was already very sad thinking I had lost him forever, it's taken a lot of time for him to get to this point.
Heyy, firstly I would like to say that this is the most adorable thing I have heard today!
I don't really know what advice to give you, but all I can say is that just remember, he has ALWAYS been very honest with you, even about his feelings for you, which is rare for a guy to do. He is even giving this relationship a second chance, even though it has hurt him before... This shows that he loves you and will always be there for you and will do anything to make you happy. He loves YOU and yes, you may not be the type of person to say that out loud to anybody, but I'm sure he knows that and that does not make him love you any less. So there is nothing to be insecure about, ok? Just treasure him because he sounds like a good guy who will keep you happy. Get to know him more and slowly allow him to get to know YOU more, because he clearly loves you for who you are and so just don't be scared. It will get your relationship to be even stronger... believe me, I'm in an AMAZING relationship today because I shared something with my man that I was really insecure about and thought I would lose him for it. But I'm glad I told him, because now he helps me when I need it. You know, you could also tell your man about your insecurities because he can help you too.

Good luck and I hope you both stay very happy with each other!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending