The Student Room Group

Reference - how long does it take to get?

So my personal tutor at uni agreed to give a reference. Yesterday I sent off a reference request but I haven't received an email from UCAS saying whether they agreed to support my application, because it says "We will let you know by email when they accept or decline your request"

Do you think I should wait or ask my tutor to check their spam folder?
Original post by screweverything
So my personal tutor at uni agreed to give a reference. Yesterday I sent off a reference request but I haven't received an email from UCAS saying whether they agreed to support my application, because it says "We will let you know by email when they accept or decline your request"

This is for postgrad? Why didnt you just call them or email? It would seem strange if its out of the blie. It will also take them some time to get round to it.
Original post by screweverything

You should email your tutor to let them know that they should have got the invitation from UCAS (with a link to the UCAS pages with information for referees)
Original post by 999tigger
This is for postgrad? Why didnt you just call them or email? It would seem strange if its out of the blie. It will also take them some time to get round to it.

They already agreed to provide a reference and this is for transferring universities. I have now just emailed telling them that they should've received a UCAS email.

Original post by PQ
You should email your tutor to let them know that they should have got the invitation from UCAS (with a link to the UCAS pages with information for referees)

Thanks I did that now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending