The Student Room Group

Why's it so hard getting over someone you only talked to

I'm finding it difficult getting over someone who I went through the talking stage with. We met up a few times but it was classed as talking as we both said we wasn't exclusive even though he was the only guy I was speaking to the whole time we was talking.

Has anyone else found it hard getting over someone through the talking stage and if so how did you get over it.
Started talking to someone else, stopped trying for a while, cos eventually the next person rolls around
Original post by Liv.123.x
I'm finding it difficult getting over someone who I went through the talking stage with. We met up a few times but it was classed as talking as we both said we wasn't exclusive even though he was the only guy I was speaking to the whole time we was talking.

Has anyone else found it hard getting over someone through the talking stage and if so how did you get over it.

Yes, I was in a similar situation as you. It took a while to get over it. I got over it by keeping occupied and talking to new people. Maybe take a holiday when the Rona is gone, and you’re free to travel.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Started talking to someone else, stopped trying for a while, cos eventually the next person rolls around

Think I'll stop trying tbh with ya , I'll probably have dry phone for abit it is what it is
Reply 4

it is difficult as you never got real closure as you would if u dated then broke up. the whole talking thing sucks, i hate it, its so uncertain. one thing that helps is think of the bad things about them lol. or what i do is think about them doing cringy things that give me the ick like them falling then then trying to brush it off, or sitting in a shoe shop waiting for the assistant to come back awkardly
Reply 5
Original post by Mad_Dog_Graveson
Yes, I was in a similar situation as you. It took a while to get over it. I got over it by keeping occupied and talking to new people. Maybe take a holiday when the Rona is gone, and you’re free to travel.

Think I'm finding it hard as I'm just thinking about the "what if's " as I really wanted something to come from it haha
Reply 6
Think I'm finding it hard as I'm just thinking about the "what if's " as I really wanted something to come from it haha

why did you stop talking?
Reply 7
Original post by ryeah
it is difficult as you never got real closure as you would if u dated then broke up. the whole talking thing sucks, i hate it, its so uncertain. one thing that helps is think of the bad things about them lol. or what i do is think about them doing cringy things that give me the ick like them falling then then trying to brush it off, or sitting in a shoe shop waiting for the assistant to come back awkardly

Omg that's a good way to think of it but it's hard cos I still really like him hahah.

And yeah true you just don't get closure you've just got to move on eventually
Reply 8
Original post by ryeah
why did you stop talking?

Basically got ghosted 🤣
Reply 9
Basically got ghosted 🤣

ffs thats happened to me before ik how u feel. you could try saying 'hi, havent talked in a while' or sum like that and see if anything happens if u think its worth the risk. if he is like dry af then just dont talk to him again, you might have closure as you can be certain nothing would have happend
Reply 10
Original post by ryeah
ffs thats happened to me before ik how u feel. you could try saying 'hi, havent talked in a while' or sum like that and see if anything happens if u think its worth the risk. if he is like dry af then just dont talk to him again, you might have closure as you can be certain nothing would have happend

It's horrible isn't it ,it just makes you think was it something I said and did.

Think imma leave it ,if it's meant to be it will be haha
Reply 11
It's horrible isn't it ,it just makes you think was it something I said and did.

Think imma leave it ,if it's meant to be it will be haha

okk :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending