The Student Room Group

Just friends

Can a girl and boy hanging out together ever be just friends without people thinking you are having sex?
Original post by Anonymous
Can a girl and boy hanging out together ever be just friends without people thinking you are having sex?

i think some people will always assume you’re doing things you’re not. but their opinions don’t matter, why should others really care at all what you’re up to with a girl? but in answer to your question, yes a boy and a girl can definitely hang out as friends, 100%. others may THINK you’re having sex or hooking up but then they’d be wrong wouldn’t they 😂
Yeah I agree with Annabel. People may think you are hooking up for sex but I mean, who cares if they think that.

There is nothing wrong at all with hanging out with someone of the opposite gender, you can certainly be friends due to having similar interests, enjoying each others company etc, it doesn't have to always be sexual and/or romantic.
Reply 3
Yes. Most people do jump to the conclusion that something more is going on, however.
If you want to hang out with your friend, theres nothing wrong with that. Ignore anyone who feels the need to make comments about it.
I'm a guy and my best friend is a female, both our other mates say we're doing stuff but they say it in a joking way. Some people will assume you're closer than you say but who cares. People can be idiots and their opinions don't matter.
Reply 5
Original post by neville420
I'm a guy and my best friend is a female, both our other mates say we're doing stuff but they say it in a joking way. Some people will assume you're closer than you say but who cares. People can be idiots and their opinions don't matter.

Oh that must be horrible.
Oh that must be horrible.

You learn to laugh it off, it's not that bad.
Reply 7
Yes. Don't listen to the people that think there is something more going on it's none of their business.
Yes. Don't listen to the people that think there is something more going on it's none of their business.

Yes Exactly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending