The Student Room Group

Ex is claiming my sexual assault accusations are false?

I wrote an email to my university student support about legitimate sexual assault claims against my ex.
However, he made counter-claims that my claims were false with malicious intent.
I am now worried that I will face consequences (despite the fact everything I said were 100% factual).

What can I do?
There is a lot missing from this.

How does your ex know you contacted student support?
Why is this being dealt with by student support and not the police?
Reply 2
I tried my best to do that, I provided all the possible evidence. But it's hard considering it is a really difficult thing to prove, no matter how truthful you are being. :frown: Reason why it's not being dealt with the police is because I know no form of justice will come out of that and I have anxiety (so I feel more confident reporting it to the uni than the police).
Reply 3
Original post by DiddyDec
There is a lot missing from this.

How does your ex know you contacted student support?
Why is this being dealt with by student support and not the police?

I have no idea, i'm assuming they got into contact with him?
This happened a few months ago but I'm only just reporting it so the police won't really do anything about it, especially when there's already a lack of concrete evidence.
Original post by Anonymous
I have no idea, i'm assuming they got into contact with him?
This happened a few months ago but I'm only just reporting it so the police won't really do anything about it, especially when there's already a lack of concrete evidence.

Did the student support contact you to say he had counter claimed?
Reply 5
Did the student support contact you to say he had counter claimed?

Yes, they sent me an email saying that there was claims against me which was essentially maliciously lying about assault. So I'm assuming he made the counter-claim.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, they sent me an email saying that there was claims against me which was essentially maliciously lying about assault. So I'm assuming he made the counter-claim.

I don't think they can do anything against you for making a truthful statement. What outcome were you looking for from student support?
Reply 7
I don't think they can do anything against you for making a truthful statement. What outcome were you looking for from student support?

Just wanted support to deal with it because it has been impacting me massively, I don't want him doing this to other girls in the university either :frown: But now I regret saying anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending