The Student Room Group

go to this thread if you have a problem with your self confidence

type in your problem and ill try my best to give you good advice

Scroll to see replies

I feel that whatever I write for essays is never good enough. I have a 2:1 degree but for my MA, I literally cannot win
I feel that I’m ugly and I no one will ever want to be friends with me.
Even when I feel confident, I feel guilty for feeling good whilst others dont.
Reply 4
As soon as I think I look nice for a second I start seeing all the little things I hate 😭
whoops forgot to tick anon. eh who cares
Also, this is a lovely idea OP <3
my nose is big and bent
Interesting idea.

I'm very self-concious about being short (5'8" male), was consistently teased as a kid and teen etc. Now I try to avoid situations where my height is apparent e.g. when being photographed or when I am stood in front of a crowd with many eyes on me. I'm also short on confidence when talking to girls.
Original post by Anonymous
Interesting idea.

I'm very self-concious about being short (5'8" male), was consistently teased as a kid and teen etc. Now I try to avoid situations where my height is apparent e.g. when being photographed or when I am stood in front of a crowd with many eyes on me. I'm also short on confidence when talking to girls.

Not OP, but 5'8 is not short at all. It is near or above average I think. In my experience. I have realized that so many girls do not care, just as long as you are taller than them, including myself. And you are taller than the average female. And pthers do not care at all. This is based on my experience, but I am sure that you will find it to be the same. It is all about confidence and the way you carry yourself. You would be surprised how many "players" I have seen that are shorter than you. So so many. Trust me it isn't as important as you make it out to be :hugs:

Sorry to hear you were teased, that is never fun :console:
I’m a guy 6’0 but only weigh 56kg. I’m 16. I also feel like I’m just ugly and I can’t stand straight so people call me a hunchback
Original post by Synergy_
I feel like I will never be able to be strong enough to pull myself through life and be better (too weak), and that I am not worthy of anything good in life whatsoever.

Wait is that a confidence thing or something else lol.

Do you think a good starting point would be for you to aim to have good interactions with other people?

Just as a general philosophy of:
I'm going to dish out great things to other people and in return, over time, good things will happen to me. And those good things will be fully deserved, because I've given a lot of great things to other people.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Do you think a good starting point would be for you to aim to have good interactions with other people?

Just as a general philosophy of:
I'm going to dish out great things to other people and in return, over time, good things will happen to me. And those good things will be fully deserved, because I've given a lot of great things to other people.

Could you elaborate on that? :redface:
Not trying to sound egotistical, but in real life, I do tend to try my best to be as kind and helpful as I can to others. I rarely have bad interactions.

Unless that is not what you meant?
(edited 3 years ago)
Could you elaborate on that? :redface:
Not trying to sound egotistical, but in real life, I do tend to try my best to be as kind and helpful as I can to others. I rarely have bad interactions.

Unless that is not what you meant?

Excellent! So you're well on your way in life then. And you have no real issues in this area.

You wouldn't for example, insult someone that you hardly know by saying something rude to them, such as:
"You really need to get your false sense of intellectual-superiority in check."
or that they had a "superiority complex".
:flute:

You would instead try be as kind and as helpful as you could to others. :biggrin:
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Excellent! So you're well on your way in life then. And you have no real issues in this area.

You wouldn't for example, insult someone that you hardly know by saying something rude to them, such as:
"You really need to get your false sense of intellectual-superiority in check."
or that they had a "superiority complex".
:flute:

You would instead try be as kind and as helpful as you could to others. :biggrin:

Seems like someone has an inferiority complex and a grudge issue.:rolleyes: I said that a month ago, and I still stand by it. You were out of line, and the OP was clearly annoyed with you and your ridiculing their beliefs when they did not ask for your opinion. I only called out your BS, and wouldn't have minded if you responded to me with rebuttals to my claims about you.
@Synergy_ are you ok?
Just wanna make sure because I know how stressful it can be, accidentally forgetting to be anonymous
Not OP, but 5'8 is not short at all. It is near or above average I think. In my experience. I have realized that so many girls do not care, just as long as you are taller than them, including myself. And you are taller than the average female. And pthers do not care at all. This is based on my experience, but I am sure that you will find it to be the same. It is all about confidence and the way you carry yourself. You would be surprised how many "players" I have seen that are shorter than you. So so many. Trust me it isn't as important as you make it out to be :hugs:

Sorry to hear you were teased, that is never fun :console:

Thank you, your words are kind and now I feel a little embarassed that I decided to comment haha. Tbqh I wasn't especially upset by the teasing, it was more "banter" but it solidified the belief that I was short and that that was a bad thing. This thinking is pretty hard to shift.
Original post by Laurence010401
@Synergy_ are you ok?
Just wanna make sure because I know how stressful it can be, accidentally forgetting to be anonymous

Heyooo dw about it, thank you for asking :hugs: I could have just deleted my post. Realized it does not matter since anyway this is an anonymous website :lol:
@Breazyblue
hey,
how would deal with rejection , in general and with stress
:biggrin:
Id like a A bodyguard. however it's expensive to hire one.

I'd like to move forward in life. Often I want to know, what's next. It's like maybe I want a mentor

I'd like to be left alone. Too many people in the big city. But sometimes you wanna just blend in and avoid pedophiles and giant squids.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending