The Student Room Group

Video Q and A - How to prepare for Results Day and Clearing

Scroll to see replies

If my sixth form did not do so well grades-wise last year, will the grades issued this year reflect upon that, even if my sixth form has done well most other years?
Reply 81
How will the appeal process work and How long will it take? Can you still hold a place at your firm uni if you missed the grade but are waiting on an appeal? If your appeal is successful is there still an option to go to uni in September?
What will happen to small classes e.g in A levels where there are 4 people in a class , as you cant rank people if they are all getting different grades
i can't seem to find the livestream?
Original post by Emily09857
Is it possible to choose your insurance choice, even if you get accepted at your firm?

No, the only way to do that would be to ask your firm to release you into clearing and apply to your insurance through clearing

Original post by Anonymous
where can we find the link to watch it?

Here you go :smile:
the livestream has not appeared at the top
Even if I achieve the grades I need to go to my first choice of University, and hence go to University this September, would it still be possible to resit the exams in October if I think that I could better my grades, despite having achieved what I need to go to University?
Reply 87
Will the exam board take into consideration that Year 13s have been out of education of 6 months, therefore if they sit the Autumn exams their exam technique will not be to the same standard?

Also, you have mentioned that if students were unhappy with their grades they could sit the Autumn exam, you have released information about how it would work in June/July how can you use it as a solution when you have not provided a satisfactory time frame for students to prepare.
Reply 88
At the moment I have offers for medicine. As I don’t know if I will get the grades or not. How do I know about clearing if I’m not currently in it for medicine. Why should I be doing?
Original post by ashestostardust
i can't seem to find the livestream?

Original post by username6509
the livestream has not appeared at the top

Try a hard refresh by pressing F5 :smile: If that doesn't work, try a different browser!
What would be suggested to incoming apprentice to do if they do not meet requirements due to these grades? Which is not easy like clearing for university
re standardisation. is it posible to apply any statistical model to a school with say 20 year 13s and subject cohorts of between 1 and 4?
how will Ofqual handle this case?
Hi, in regards to medicine and dentistry, will there be more places available as it may be difficulty for international students :smile: x
Do I have to call the uni on results day even though I have an unconditional offer?
What are the steps incoming apprentice should take if they do not receive the requirements for the firm? As there are no university clearing processes
Will sixthform entry requirements be flexible with conditional offers being used ?
MY school has only one set of results how will it be standardized?
how does standardisation work for homeschooled students who are resitting their A levels?
For medicine, can you apply via adjustment to universities that had rejected you already?
How will the standardization process work for private candidates?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending