The Student Room Group

why do girls want thigh gaps?

Scroll to see replies

Nothing wrong with girls that don't have a thigh gap, tbh its nicer to see girls not following the trends these days. The Kim Kardashian look really doesn't do it for me.
personally, i love thick thighs, not to lift myself up (lol) but they just looks squishy and comfy but thigh rubs are the worst lol
Original post by alicexiyuki
Well I m not asking for that much, I just wanna be slim lol 😂😂

nothing wrong with wanting to be slim
Original post by alicexiyuki
623AB0C0-9EA8-4599-B7C7-E0A19E7E58F1.jpeg Like the 3rd on in the photo. Well I want a thigh gap so my thighs stop rubbing together and get chaffed 😳

good enough reason cuz its what u want
Some girls like the look or enjoy the intense physical challenge of struggling to achieve it when so many other girls have failed.
Others view a thigh gap as the ultimate thinspiration or social media beauty standard.
A few want it because they have heard it is very rare, are super competitive by nature and believe that they will be able to attract the super hot perfect 10 guys that would never have given them a second glance without their thigh gap.
Original post by Hannah0505
Is this a response to that other thread about wanting a thigh gap?

Original post by mnot
Given its anon, it’s probably the same user.

Original post by Hannah0505
Yeah probably

No it isn't, trust me
thicc thighs r cute too

this is why according to wikihow
"Simply put, most women have hips that are set too closely together for there to be a large gap between their thighs, even with very little fat on their legs. If you have wider set hips, however, a thigh gap might actually be possible while maintaining a healthy overall weight"
Original post by londonmyst
Some girls like the look or enjoy the intense physical challenge of struggling to achieve it when so many other girls have failed.
Others view a thigh gap as the ultimate thinspiration or social media beauty standard.
A few want it because they have heard it is very rare, are super competitive by nature and believe that they will be able to attract the super hot perfect 10 guys that would never have given them a second glance without their thigh gap.

all very true
I naturally have a thigh gap and thought there was something wrong with me and it was abnormal (I'm not extremely skinny or anything btw) but I like it it's a part of me and the way I was born but I don't think it should be forced on someone who doesn't naturally have it just because they want to please others and hop on the trend. And people these days are more about being thick :dontknow:

Why can't we just accept all body types instead of making one of them 'the trend'? It's stupid
Original post by SuperiorPotato
I naturally have a thigh gap and thought there was something wrong with me and it was abnormal (I'm not extremely skinny or anything btw) but I like it it's a part of me and the way I was born but I don't think it should be forced on someone who doesn't naturally have it just because they want to please others and hop on the trend. And people these days are more about being thick :dontknow:

Why can't we just accept all body types instead of making one of them 'the trend'? It's stupid

nothing wrong or abnormal with having a thigh gap
not everyone likes 'thick', some of us think slim, thin, skinny, etc is more attractive as long as they're healthy
Original post by Fiutasib
nothing wrong or abnormal with having a thigh gap
not everyone likes 'thick', some of us think slim, thin, skinny, etc is more attractive as long as they're healthy

Yeah I've realised that but at the time I didn't understand I was like 11 or 12 years old :facepalm:
Yeah I've realised that but at the time I didn't understand I was like 11 or 12 years old :facepalm:

another good reason why people need to be more open about their bodies, talk more about them, n see each others bodies
the more different bodies we see as we're growing up the more everyone would realise there are so many different types, shapes n sizes
Unfortunately some people are what I term 'fashion victims' and unable to accept their body or have individual preferences.
another good reason why people need to be more open about their bodies, talk more about them, n see each others bodies
the more different bodies we see as we're growing up the more everyone would realise there are so many different types, shapes n sizes

Exactly there are so many different body types with different experiences for different people. We need to be taught from a young age about them and accepting them :yep:
Exactly there are so many different body types with different experiences for different people. We need to be taught from a young age about them and accepting them :yep:

not just taught about them, we need to see them too cuz seeing is believing, n words have little value without facts n proof to back them up
not just taught about them, we need to see them too cuz seeing is believing, n words have little value without facts n proof to back them up

Only facts ma'am/sir/any title you want :hat2:
Only facts ma'am/sir/any title you want :hat2:

facts don't always give the full story tho
anyone can write 100 true facts about something n make anything sound how they want it to sound
too many people think their body is horrible n disgusting when it's really not
it's presented in media as the be all and end all
Reply 58
honestly im a girl and most girls dont care tbh
I don’t want a thigh gap, personally to me they look weird and even still I don’t have chub rub.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending