The Student Room Group

Is checking out a girl, normal for a guy??

If your boyfriend checks out other hot girls, and by checking out I mean doing a quick scan casually of any chick passing him. Is it 'normal' for guys to do that??
Is checking out random girls AUTOMATIC or does he really have an option to not check out??
Personally I do not like this realm of 'normal behaviour'.
Original post by Anonymous
If your boyfriend checks out other hot girls, and by checking out I mean doing a quick scan casually of any chick passing him. Is it 'normal' for guys to do that??
Is checking out random girls AUTOMATIC or does he really have an option to not check out??
Personally I do not like this realm of 'normal behaviour'.

Normal to notice one. It then depends what you mean by checking out. Too obvious and too much time, then not fair on partner. I would think most guys do it, but much less significant for the ones in committed happy relationships. Sure girls do the same.

Ofc he has the option not to, especially if he knows you find it upsetting. Speak to him as if its too blatant then it can get to your confidence and be quite rude.
I think that is rude and disrespectful to you. It is okay to have a quick glance, that's normal, but doing a whole body scan every time an attractive girl walks past is too much. I would definitely be uncomfortable and honestly wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone like that. Talk to him about it. If he doesn't stop, and it bothers you as much as it would bother me, then I suggest you dump him and find a better quality man.
i think its normal
Reply 4
Noticing other attractive people still happens when you’re in a relationship and I imagine for women too. Ostentatious ‘checking out’ is another matter and I think should be avoided, unless it is just a game you both like to play. My gf and I have granted each other celebrity crush passes, should the opportunity arise. Otherwise it is somewhat disrespectful.
i mean do you check out guys when they walk past?

imo i dont think its that bad checking someone out isnt the end of the world 😇
I mean I think it's harmless to appreciate someone's attractiveness obviously if his behaviour were to change where he would completely disregard your company fixated on a girl that walked by or actively said or did something in ways of pursuing then yeah that's bad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending