The Student Room Group

How long to wait before emailing again?

I’ve noticed that my deferred offer from last year changed on UCAS so I emailed the uni to confirm what was going on. I emailed last week because when I phoned both the general enquiries line and the department office I got through to voicemail saying the offices are closed. When would It be appropriate To email again?
When I emailed my university, it took them around 2 weeks to answer. I think you should wait until then. Things are quite busy in the admissions department in most universities as of late due to Covid
Original post by thegalaxy
I’ve noticed that my deferred offer from last year changed on UCAS so I emailed the uni to confirm what was going on. I emailed last week because when I phoned both the general enquiries line and the department office I got through to voicemail saying the offices are closed. When would It be appropriate To email again?

What did it change to?
Reply 3
Original post by harrysbar
What did it change to?

It changed from foundation year entry to year 1 entry, same course

Sounds like you’re straight into Year 1 then

I'd say that means you are in then. Try calling them?

Did you call during office hours? If not, I would try calling again- maybe also try the uni clearing line if they have one available.

If you can't get through due to calling, I would email again tomorrow. In your position I would definitely want to speak to the uni about what's going on, even if it seems like a positive change for you!

ETA, you could also try live chats on the uni website if they have one.
Reply 7
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Did you call during office hours? If not, I would try calling again- maybe also try the uni clearing line if they have one available.

If you can't get through due to calling, I would email again tomorrow. In your position I would definitely want to speak to the uni about what's going on, even if it seems like a positive change for you!

ETA, you could also try live chats on the uni website if they have one.

Thanks. I did try during office hours - the clearing line said they didn't open until A level results day and the department office said they are out of office due to coronavirus. I've just seen they have a live chat, so I'll give that a go in the morning
Thanks. I did try during office hours - the clearing line said they didn't open until A level results day and the department office said they are out of office due to coronavirus. I've just seen they have a live chat, so I'll give that a go in the morning

Definitely give the live chat a try, and I'd keep trying any numbers you can find too- maybe eventually you'll get through!
Reply 9
Definitely give the live chat a try, and I'd keep trying any numbers you can find too- maybe eventually you'll get through!

I've just contacted live chat - they say due to the UCAS embargo they can't discuss it with me until after results day...
I've just contacted live chat - they say due to the UCAS embargo they can't discuss it with me until after results day...

Can you ask them to confirm they've changed your offer and that isn't just an error on UCAS? I guess, thinking about it, they might not even be able to do that, but if it's an error they might be able to sort things out?
Reply 11
Can you ask them to confirm they've changed your offer and that isn't just an error on UCAS? I guess, thinking about it, they might not even be able to do that, but if it's an error they might be able to sort things out?

They've just phoned me and said my grades meet the clearing entry requirements for this year (they didn't last year), so I can start straight into year 1 without the foundation year. Glad I've got this sorted!
They've just phoned me and said my grades meet the clearing entry requirements for this year (they didn't last year), so I can start straight into year 1 without the foundation year. Glad I've got this sorted!

That's great, congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending