The Student Room Group

Relationship advice

So basically, I have just started my first relationship with a girl and am bi. I’m super happy and love her she’s going to uni soon and it’s not far from me there’s part of me that wants to enjoy being young and get with lots of people and I feel guilty for feeling like this. I want us to give each other the freedom to do things with others but still see each other and things. She says this is it for her and that she wants to stay with me forever and I feel the same but recently today I just keep thinking about how I want to be with others it possibly partially because we haven’t slept together in a while maybe I’m not sure any advice anyone?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So basically, I have just started my first relationship with a girl and am bi. I’m super happy and love her she’s going to uni soon and it’s not far from me there’s part of me that wants to enjoy being young and get with lots of people and I feel guilty for feeling like this. I want us to give each other the freedom to do things with others but still see each other and things. She says this is it for her and that she wants to stay with me forever and I feel the same but recently today I just keep thinking about how I want to be with others it possibly partially because we haven’t slept together in a while maybe I’m not sure any advice anyone?

Hi, have you told her that you would be up for seeing other people? You could be having these feelings because you haven't slept together for awhile and there is always a point in the relationship where you wander if there is something better out there or you would be enjoying yourself more with other people.. but it might be worth putting in more effort with this girl first? Try and make things more exciting again so you don't have to find something else to fill the void.

Its up to you and it's your life so you deserve to enjoy it however you want to! Maybe just breach the subject with her again and see how it goes if you mention being in a more open relationship? Good luck either way!
Thanks I honestly think I’m just having an off day to be honest like this is the first time I’ve seriously thought about these things and I really want to make things work, I still live at home so when we do do things we have to try and be quiet and I think when she goes to uni and I can see her there things may be different probably an off day thanks for advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending