Would you quit a job if it involved a lot of heavy lifting?

Watch
beyhive1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Opinions?? Even if the hourly pay was good (£9.50) an hour? What are your biggest no-nos with a job?
JJJJJAAAAMES
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by beyhive1)
Opinions?? Even if the hourly pay was good (£9.50) an hour? What are your biggest no-nos with a job?
Retail and fast food industry. Never go into it
Hannah0505
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No atleast i would be getting excercise
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would never be given a job that required a lot of heavy lifting, having almost zero upper body strength
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I used to do a lot of heavy lifting for 12 hours a day. Wouldn't go back to it, even now my back's still ****ed
Kibser
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES)
Learned this the hard way.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Surely you would know the job involved a lot of lifting before you accepted it?
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, my body is not made for strenuous physical labour.
Last edited by DiddyDec; 1 month ago
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Could be fun, Id give it a try.
beyhive1
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
Surely you would know the job involved a lot of lifting before you accepted it?
Not at all. My original job doesnt so much involve it but cause other people have left my department their jobs have been shifted onto me
TiktoknChemistry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well my previous warehouse jobs involved a lot of heavy lifting like 15kg to 25kg boxes it was solid but I got a good six pack and that made me feel good plus it was kinda straight forward I just got the job done enit
beyhive1
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Could be fun, Id give it a try.
Not when you're a girl who gets her period once a month and is still expected to LIFT heavy boxes containing frozen food.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not at all. My original job doesnt so much involve it but cause other people have left my department their jobs have been shifted onto me
Fair enough. In that case, if I felt I was not able to do the job safely, I would quit.
m-k1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES)
I think retail heavily depends on the store
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes
beyhive1
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
I used to do a lot of heavy lifting for 12 hours a day. Wouldn't go back to it, even now my back's still ****ed
Everyone in my dept complains about their back pain. 2 of my male colleagues have had to see doctors/have scans because their backs are on the verge of severely damaging. Even my lower back/knees get the most excruciating pain during my shifts. I'm also a girl so I'm pretty sure I shouldnt be carrying boxes that are super big and contain x120 frozen doughnuts etc....
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Everyone in my dept complains about their back pain. 2 of my male colleagues have had to see doctors/have scans because their backs are on the verge of severely damaging. Even my lower back/knees get the most excruciating pain during my shifts. I'm also a girl so I'm pretty sure I shouldnt be carrying boxes that are super big and contain x120 frozen doughnuts etc....
Keep your eye out for other jobs, while you're still working, this is no good for you but neither is being unemployed.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
definitely... why should i, when i can just sit here and look pretty
beyhive1
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Keep your eye out for other jobs, while you're still working, this is no good for you but neither is being unemployed.
True I will start doing so cause I cant stand to do another shift involving extreme manual labour. Thank u
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did it for years, I could go back to it. I enjoy that sort of stuff. But I wouldn't want to be doing it in ten years time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (54)
25.35%
Less motivated (159)
74.65%

Watched Threads