The Student Room Group

BDS Dentistry Student Finance (Exception Course)

Good evening,

I would like to enquire about whether I would be entitled to a Student Finance Tuition Fee loan (TFL) and Maintenance Loan (ML).

I used three years of Student Finance (TFL and ML) to study towards a Business degree from 2010-2013. I did not complete this degree as I had to withdraw during the third year due to compelling personal circumstances.

I would now like to apply for BDS Dentistry and would like to enquire whether, as this is an exception course, I would be entitled to the full Student Finance offering TFL and ML for the full five years of a full time degree program. I am also considering applying for the BDS Dentistry- Pre Dental Entry and wonder if this year would also be considered as part of the exception course and therefore full funding granted for the six years.

Many thanks.
Original post by Lilli20
Good evening,

I would like to enquire about whether I would be entitled to a Student Finance Tuition Fee loan (TFL) and Maintenance Loan (ML).

I used three years of Student Finance (TFL and ML) to study towards a Business degree from 2010-2013. I did not complete this degree as I had to withdraw during the third year due to compelling personal circumstances.

I would now like to apply for BDS Dentistry and would like to enquire whether, as this is an exception course, I would be entitled to the full Student Finance offering TFL and ML for the full five years of a full time degree program. I am also considering applying for the BDS Dentistry- Pre Dental Entry and wonder if this year would also be considered as part of the exception course and therefore full funding granted for the six years.

Many thanks.

Hi there, please can you confirm the university name?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, please can you confirm the university name?
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac,

I will be applying for BDS Dentistry/Dental Surgery at The University of Manchester, The University of Plymouth and The University of Bristol. This will be for Undergraduate entry and not Graduate entry.

Many thanks.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lilli20
Hi Isaac,

I will be applying for BDS Dentistry/Dental Surgery at The University of Manchester, The University of Plymouth and The University of Bristol. This will be for Undergraduate entry and not Graduate entry.

Many thanks.

Good morning, only graduate entry Dentistry or Dental Hygiene/Therapy are exception courses. Your previous study will affect your eligibility for the undergraduate dentistry course.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending