The Student Room Group

GEM Funding Maintenance and Living Costs

Is there maintenance loans available for graduate entry medicine students? If some are means tested what are the requirements?
Thank you
Original post by winniethepooh496
Is there maintenance loans available for graduate entry medicine students? If some are means tested what are the requirements?
Thank you

Hi, here is our guidance regarding GEM funding.

Tuition Fees
Year 1 The student will have to self fund the first £3,465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,785.
Years 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535.

Maintenance Funding
Year 1 The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants, They are not eligible for a Maintenance Grant.
Years 2-4 The student can apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to SFE for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac

Tuition Fees
Year 1 The student will have to self fund the first £3,465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,785.
Years 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535.

Maintenance Funding
Year 1 The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants, They are not eligible for a Maintenance Grant.
Years 2-4 The student can apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to SFE for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Isaac

Hi please could I know how much the maintenance loan is maximum for first year and what the reduced rate maintenance loan is for the remaining years. I'm from a low income background so assume I would get the maximum rate. Thank you
I'm

Original post by SFE Isaac

Tuition Fees

Maintenance Funding

Thanks, Isaac

I'm trying to work out if I'd have enough to live on for the remaining years, how much is the NHS bursary? Thank you
Hi please could I know how much the maintenance loan is maximum for first year and what the reduced rate maintenance loan is for the remaining years. I'm from a low income background so assume I would get the maximum rate. Thank you

I'm

I'm trying to work out if I'd have enough to live on for the remaining years, how much is the NHS bursary? Thank you

You can view all figures for the 20/21 academic year here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/1750/financial-memorandum-for-202021-v2.pdf

We can't confirm the figures for the later years as the figures for those academic years have not yet been released.
You should speak to the NHS regarding the bursary funding.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending