The Student Room Group

Student finance and housing benefit

I have recently been offered a flat by my local authority as I am estranged from my parents and staying with friends during breaks was becoming to difficult. I have been living in student accommodation.
I am having difficulty finding out about any financial help to pay rent. I do work part time but not enough to cover rent and to live. Universal credit say I am not entitled to that because I am a student. Has anyone got advice on where I can go next?
Original post by Jendyyye
I have recently been offered a flat by my local authority as I am estranged from my parents and staying with friends during breaks was becoming to difficult. I have been living in student accommodation.
I am having difficulty finding out about any financial help to pay rent. I do work part time but not enough to cover rent and to live. Universal credit say I am not entitled to that because I am a student. Has anyone got advice on where I can go next?

Hi there, have you submitted an application for Tuition fee Loan and Maintenance Loan for your course? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Yes I have
Original post by Jendyyye
Yes I have

Once your application has been fully assessed the team will be in contact with you to confirm the funding you have been awarded. I would advise to speak with your university to see if there is any additional funding or support they can offer also.

Your Maintenance Loan is awarded to help with living costs. There is no specific help towards rent. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending