The Student Room Group

Are you Muslim and Virgin?

Hello guys , Im a 18 year old male who happens to be male and virgin (cringe)

Okay but jokes aside , I always use to think that most muslims around my age were virgins but I come to find out that alot of my muslim friends are not virgins and lost it when they were between 14-18.obviously this is there complete personal choice so im not judging but I was just under the impression that most muslims would stay virgin till marriage and that it was a massive sin to have sex before marriage but I guess its not even that "deep".

I always thought that I will be a total disgrace to have sex before marriage so I always rejected anytime a girl wanted to go out just to avoid any possibility of anything happening but I kinda regret that now.

Scroll to see replies

Moved to relationships :fyi:
Original post by Hazadd

Okay but jokes aside , I always use to think that most muslims around my age were virgins but I come to find out that alot of my muslim friends are not virgins and lost it when they were between 14-18.obviously this is there complete personal choice so im not judging but I was just under the impression that most muslims would stay virgin till marriage and that it was a massive sin to have sex before marriage but I guess its not even that "deep".

I always thought that I will be a total disgrace to have sex before marriage so I always rejected anytime a girl wanted to go out just to avoid any possibility of anything happening but I kinda regret that now.

well tbh, I think it is quite deep because it is most definitely a sin to have sex before marriage, however it is their own personal choice. Always remember : deen over dunya, this life is a test and Allah SWT will be testing you on different occasions to see whether you follow your deen or not, I would say wait till marriage but then again it is completely up to you :smile:
Original post by emmyisthebest01
well tbh, I think it is quite deep because it is most definitely a sin to have sex before marriage, however it is their own personal choice. Always remember : deen over dunya, this life is a test and Allah SWT will be testing you on different occasions to see whether you follow your deen or not, I would say wait till marriage but then again it is completely up to you :smile:

What happens if there is no afterlife? Obviously you can’t have regrets if you’re dead but what happens if there is no afterlife and you’ve lived an unhappy life.

And I’m not saying that you can’t live a happy life whilst being religious. But it’s hard not to sin in today’s society.

Also many people don’t sin because they want to go to the afterlife not because they want to be good people.
No, it is "that deep" it is the 3rd greatest sin after shirk and murder, stay clear from it lower your gaze at all times. Get married or (do the optional) fasts that is the advice of the Prophet SAW for people in your situation.

Also don't ask your questions here any person not upon guidance can come and ruin your afterlife ask someone who is known to be upon the Sunnah near to you.
Original post by Anonymous
What happens if there is no afterlife? Obviously you can’t have regrets if you’re dead but what happens if there is no afterlife and you’ve lived an unhappy life.

And I’m not saying that you can’t live a happy life whilst being religious. But it’s hard not to sin in today’s society.

Also many people don’t sin because they want to go to the afterlife not because they want to be good people.

well that is your own personal opinion, if u believe there is no after life then do what u want, but following your deen doesn't necessarily mean you have lived an unhappy life.
Reply 6
No, it is "that deep" it is the 3rd greatest sin after shirk and murder, stay clear from it lower your gaze at all times. Get married or (do the optional) fasts that is the advice of the Prophet SAW for people in your situation.

Also don't ask your questions here any person not upon guidance can come and ruin your afterlife ask someone who is known to be upon the Sunnah near to you.

I didnt even know that sins are ranked?
Original post by Hazadd
I didnt even know that sins are ranked?

i don't think it's zina after shirk/murder, it's most likely not praying salat (fardh), not fasting or any of the 5 pillars. PLEASE do not commit zina though, it's a grave sin and even doing it once will be carried with you for the rest of your life
i don't think it's zina after shirk/murder, it's most likely not praying salat (fardh), not fasting or any of the 5 pillars. PLEASE do not commit zina though, it's a grave sin and even doing it once will be carried with you for the rest of your life

Not praying the salah comes under shirk,
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Between a man and shirk and kufr there stands his neglect of the prayer.”

(Narrated by Muslim in Kitaab al-Eemaan from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)).
Yh a lot of Muslim guys and girls do lose their virginity during 16-19 however DON’T DO IT. It’s not worth it and you will regret it big time
Original post by Hazadd

If you want non-religious answers to this, then it needs to be in the debate forum. The mods will punish any "debate" here, which is typically defined, in this context only, as a non-religious opinion.
Original post by RogerOxon
If you want non-religious answers to this, then it needs to be in the debate forum. The mods will punish any "debate" here, which is typically defined, in this context only, as a non-religious opinion.

He doesn’t want answers from non-Muslims. As it’s quite obvious what their answers would be.
Reply 12
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
He doesn’t want answers from non-Muslims. As it’s quite obvious what there answers would be.

yes , I know I will just get called a brainwashed idiot so hence BUT I honestly would like some answers from non-muzzys aswell
Original post by Hazadd
yes , I know I will just get called a brainwashed idiot so hence BUT I honestly would like some answers from non-muzzys aswell

Original post by Hazadd

It's up to you what you believe. However, I would ask yourself why Islam sees two consenting adults having fun as a "sin", yet slavery, or marrying a 6 year old, isn't.

Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
He doesn’t want answers from non-Muslims. As it’s quite obvious what there answers would be.

Can I get an apology now?
You either want to be muslim or have SEX, hunny.

Take your pick and stop contradicting your own value system.
I am Muslim and a virgin but in my school there are quite a lot of Muslims who are far from virgins (having 3somes, s*x tapes...all kinds of drama).
Original post by RogerOxon
It's up to you what you believe. However, I would ask yourself why Islam sees two consenting adults having fun as a "sin", yet slavery, or marrying a 6 year old, isn't.

Can I get an apology now?

Don’t act as if slavery didn’t happen in Britain and America alongside with all the racism. And for the 6 year old issue, No one knows her real age it was believed to be between anywhere between 6-19 this was also 1400 years ago where girls hit puberty early, as do girls in this day and age where they hit puberty by the age of 8-9. Child marriages in Britain only stopped during the Victorian era but was a thing in the medieval period which was only few hindered years ago. So put ur islamphobia somewhere else and don’t believe in random scraps of information.
Original post by Hazadd

I don't think you should look at sex before marriage as a disgrace, it's not, it is just haram. I know how you feel to see that all your friends have dated except you, I have been there, but at the end of the day you're doing it for Allah so it shouldn't matter what other people are doing.
Don’t act as if slavery didn’t happen in Britain and America alongside with all the racism. And for the 6 year old issue, No one knows her real age it was believed to be between anywhere between 6-19 this was also 1400 years ago where girls hit puberty early, as do girls in this day and age where they hit puberty by the age of 8-9. Child marriages in Britain only stopped during the Victorian era but was a thing in the medieval period which was only few hindered years ago. So put ur islamphobia somewhere else and don’t believe in random scraps of information.

Debate is not allowed here. There is one massive difference between Islam's stance on this and UK / US history, which I'll explain, if you want to start a thread in a debate forum.
I have been there, but at the end of the day you're doing it for Allah so it shouldn't matter what other people are doing.

What illogical rubbish.

The Islamic position is that you're doing it so that you don't get tortured by the big, bad, Mafia boss in the sky.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending