The Student Room Group

Is envious a bad thing?

If i tell a friend that over the years I have envied her- is that a bad thing? And could it damage our friendship?
Or would she be happy that im being truthful.
Not being your friend I don't know.
Original post by Anonymous
If i tell a friend that over the years I have envied her- is that a bad thing? And could it damage our friendship?

Envy itself is not a bad emotion. More then that it’s normal however you should probably look at where this envy stems from in regards to dissatisfaction in your own life
Reply 3
Original post by Blueclueless
Envy itself is not a bad emotion. More then that it’s normal however you should probably look at where this envy stems from in regards to dissatisfaction in your own life

It stems from my friend having something that i do not. I don't dislike her in anyway!

it's good youre telling her but it will defintiely damage the trust/bond u guys have
Reply 5
Original post by cloud_9_
it's good youre telling her but it will defintiely damage the trust/bond u guys have

Thanks and in what way would you say it would dame the trust/bond between us?
Admiring someone or their possessions is fine.
But admitting to being envious of someone else usually makes them uncomfortable or upset.
Envy is a very negative emotion that combines jealousy, anger and the malicious desire to take away from someone else those items/circumstances that directly trigger the envy.
It stems from my friend having something that i do not. I don't dislike her in anyway!

Then it’s not an issue! It’s normal to be jealous but don’t let it replace your friendship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending