The Student Room Group

Anyone know anyone who had COVID or died from it?

First post

Scroll to see replies

yes
Yes.
Yes, my grandad died from it.
Reply 4
nope.

Then again, I don't talk to that much people on a daily basis so if they had it i'd probably not know....
Reply 5
I know many who've had it.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, my grandad died from it.

And my grandma (his wife) as well as my aunt and her husband have all had it but they recovered.
Yeah my friend's dad had it
Reply 8
Know several who have had it or currently have it, and know a handful who have died.
I know people who have had it, but thankfully none have passed away because of it.
Reply 10
oh wait, i forgot ... a cousin of mine had symptoms around march/april and was suspected of having it but widespread testing wasn't available back then so it was never confirmed.

between 6 and 8% of the population is suspected to have had it, so if you know more than 15/20 people then there's a decent chance you know someone who has had it.

so yeah, everybody here probably knows someone who's had it, even if you don't realise it..., or they even never realised it.
Known quite a few who have had it, some with symptoms, and one that was hospitalised (aged the same as moi, no less :_:...)

Don't know anyone who has died from it, thankfully. My parents might be on that list though if they catch it :frown:
Yeah, saw quite a few people die of it in intensive care. And those who survived had a horrendously drawn out recovery period without ever returning to their previous baseline.

Never seen anything like it.
Yh ik ppl who've either had it or had symptoms but weren't tested
Had it and died :frown:
I know I think 7 people who had it, 6 of which were in my workplace! Three of those were really sick, should probably have gone to hospital, but thankfully two have made a full recovery and one is well on the way but not quite back to baseline in terms of exercise tolerance 3 months later.
Had it and died :frown:

Are you in heaven now ?
Are you in heaven now ?

No sorry, I meant I've known ppl who've had it and died :frown:
Worked in A&E at the time and admitted several patients with it. One of our healthcare assistants died of it.

It's completely baffling how people can be in denial about it because they want to go to the ****ing pub or on holiday.
Yes many who had it (10 or more lost count)
A few who died of it (about 5)

Quick Reply

Latest