The Student Room Group

EU Migrant Maintenance Loan 5 years

I got a question, I am a EU national applied for maintenance loan under Migrant Scheme and got approved last year.
My 3 year course started last year in October 2019 and was living with my mom for 4 years who was working.This year my circumstance have changed and my mom is no longer working in this country and moved back to non-EU country, but I been working past six months and got my own payslips.
I just want to find out that shall I continue my application as migrant student or change my application as now I am living here for more than 5 years and currently living independently in London. Also can I apply for £12k loan as living away in London. Please help. Thanks
Original post by IA23
I got a question, I am a EU national applied for maintenance loan under Migrant Scheme and got approved last year.
My 3 year course started last year in October 2019 and was living with my mom for 4 years who was working.This year my circumstance have changed and my mom is no longer working in this country and moved back to non-EU country, but I been working past six months and got my own payslips.
I just want to find out that shall I continue my application as migrant student or change my application as now I am living here for more than 5 years and currently living independently in London. Also can I apply for £12k loan as living away in London. Please help. Thanks

Hi, you need 5 years residency prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course. If you gain the 5 years afterwards/during your course then you are not eligible to apply as a home student.

If you applied as a child of a Migrant Worker but the Migrant Worker is leaving the UK, then your only other option is to apply as a Migrant Worker in your own right. You can find out more information here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Thanks Issac
Original post by IA23
Thanks Issac

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending