The Student Room Group

SFE changed my approved application to ineligible

Hello everyone, So I applied for tuition and maintenance loan for the 4 years I’m going to be at the university. I applied for this as son of an Eu migrant worker and I’ve been in this country for 5 years now. In the first year, both tuition and maintenance fee was paid. This second year instead, only the tuition fee was paid and for the maintenance I was told to provide few paper works which I provided. Then they asked for my NI and told me that was the final paperwork’s and they won’t need anything again so I should wait. Two weeks later I received an email saying that my living circumstances has changed and I am no more eligible for finance because I have proved that I am not dependent on my Eu family member which is very strage because my living circumstances haven’t change and I’m still in the same conditions I was when it was the first year. This is very confusing and they’re not telling me what exactly they found or how they came to that conclusion. I have sent an appeal for them to look into the matter. Please any information or advice will help and I’m going through it at the moment. Thank you
Original post by Themanthelegendm
Hello everyone, So I applied for tuition and maintenance loan for the 4 years I’m going to be at the university. I applied for this as son of an Eu migrant worker and I’ve been in this country for 5 years now. In the first year, both tuition and maintenance fee was paid. This second year instead, only the tuition fee was paid and for the maintenance I was told to provide few paper works which I provided. Then they asked for my NI and told me that was the final paperwork’s and they won’t need anything again so I should wait. Two weeks later I received an email saying that my living circumstances has changed and I am no more eligible for finance because I have proved that I am not dependent on my Eu family member which is very strage because my living circumstances haven’t change and I’m still in the same conditions I was when it was the first year. This is very confusing and they’re not telling me what exactly they found or how they came to that conclusion. I have sent an appeal for them to look into the matter. Please any information or advice will help and I’m going through it at the moment. Thank you

Hi there,

If you contact us on 0300 100 0607 or via the live chat in your account we'll be able to look into this for you and assist you further.

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending