The Student Room Group

it feels like ive got something in my eye

but i cant get it out. i cant even see what's in my eye, it just hurts when i blink ughhhh :frown:
its been like that since 5pm and i tried splashing my eye with water but i cant seem to get whatever it is out
its just really irritating cuz i cant concentrate on my work

if anyone has any advice lol thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by vix.xvi
but i cant get it out. i cant even see what's in my eye, it just hurts when i blink ughhhh :frown:
its been like that since 5pm and i tried splashing my eye with water but i cant seem to get whatever it is out

rub it a lot, and try and work whatever it is out of your eye.

a fly flew smack bang into my eye once, and my eye swallowed it. I could feel it stuck in there. It took an hour and a half of rubbing before i finally got it out!

Spoiler

Original post by ANM775
rub it a lot, and try and work whatever it is out of your eye.

a fly flew smack bang into my eye once, and my eye swallowed it. I could feel it stuck in there. It took an hour and a half of rubbing before i finally got it out!

Spoiler

Thanks!!

Lmao that's actually so funny 😂
if you cannot get it out and someone can't see (or can but is concerned) please either ring your GP or pharmacy! eyes are delicate

and trust me scratching it ain't worth it 🤦
Reply 4
Original post by vix.xvi

a trapped eyelash?
It’s probably an eyelash stuck in your eye..I’ve had it before and it hurts like hellllll never want to experience it again.
Original post by Callie57
It’s probably an eyelash stuck in your eye..I’ve had it before and it hurts like hellllll never want to experience it again.

Ikrrr it hurts alotttt ☹️☹️☹️☹️
But idt it's an eyelash cuz i looked in the mirror and it doesn't look like anything is in my eye?
Original post by bambi1425
if you cannot get it out and someone can't see (or can but is concerned) please either ring your GP or pharmacy! eyes are delicate

and trust me scratching it ain't worth it 🤦

Ohhh ok
Thank you xx
Original post by vix.xvi

bro just blow out of ur eye. hold ur breath from ur mouth and nose and let the air come out ur eyeball it will come out easily
Original post by Ciel.
a trapped eyelash?

Hmmm I don't think so tho...i noticed it after I had a shower so idk I'm thinking it's soemthing to do with the face wash I used? Idek anymore lol
Original post by dontworrymyg
bro just blow out of ur eye. hold ur breath from ur mouth and nose and let the air come out ur eyeball it will come out easily

Lol I'll defo try this technique and let u know how it goes
Thanks for the novel advice
Original post by vix.xvi
Ikrrr it hurts alotttt ☹️☹️☹️☹️
But idt it's an eyelash cuz i looked in the mirror and it doesn't look like anything is in my eye?

Wash your hands and try to take it out,try not to poke your eye though. 😭
Original post by vix.xvi

yhyh if that doesnt work try licking it
Wash your hands and try to take it out,try not to poke your eye though. 😭

Ahh but the thing is idk whats stuck in my eye!! It
Original post by vix.xvi

Look closely it might be in the corner or whatever,if you can feel that something is in there then it means something is in there,might be a spider.Someone had a tiny dead spider in their eye once.

When you see it use a Cotten swab to take it out.
(edited 3 years ago)
Look closely it might be in the corner or whatever,if you can feel that something is in there then it means something is in there,might be a spider.Someone had a tiny dead spider in their eye once.

Okkk I'll go and look now acc lol I can't sleep cuz it's irritating af
Reply 16
Original post by vix.xvi
Hmmm I don't think so tho...i noticed it after I had a shower so idk I'm thinking it's soemthing to do with the face wash I used? Idek anymore lol

what part or parts of your eye are affected?
Original post by ANM775
what part or parts of your eye are affected?

My right eye...like right in the outer corner
Reply 18
Original post by vix.xvi
My right eye...like right in the outer corner

I sometimes get a feeling like something is in my eye if i get too much soap in it when i have a shower. typically i feel it in the tear duct area. it usually takes several days to pass..

https://www.vecteezy.com/vector-art/455677-diagram-showing-parts-of-human-eye

could it be that?
Well obviously you can't wash it with anything other than water :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest