The Student Room Group

Any other young people hate dating apps (especially tinder)?

Hey guys, I’m 19 years old and I’ve never had a boyfriend. In fact I’ve only ever kissed one person ever. I’m at a point in my life where I’d really like to start a relationship. I think I’m rather old fashioned in the sense that I really don’t like dating apps and I’m not interested in hookups or casual dating. I work full time but in a small company - no options there and there’s not going to be anyone hired in the near future due to corona.
Anyway - I’m really struggling with how to meet people and find opportunities to date people. I much prefer meeting people in person organically than on a screen, corona isn’t working in my favour here either.

Is anyone the same or have any ideas? I’m typically into older guys too - so really my demographic is unlikely to use tinder, but I then don’t know how I’d get to meet them. Thanks in advance x
Reply 1
Yeah as I said there’s actually no single men where I work and I work “behind the scenes” if you like so I won’t be going to any events, plus corona :/
Reply 2
Doesn’t have to be massively older - maybe 4-5 years minimum
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys, I’m 19 years old and I’ve never had a boyfriend. In fact I’ve only ever kissed one person ever. I’m at a point in my life where I’d really like to start a relationship. I think I’m rather old fashioned in the sense that I really don’t like dating apps and I’m not interested in hookups or casual dating. I work full time but in a small company - no options there and there’s not going to be anyone hired in the near future due to corona.
Anyway - I’m really struggling with how to meet people and find opportunities to date people. I much prefer meeting people in person organically than on a screen, corona isn’t working in my favour here either.

Is anyone the same or have any ideas? I’m typically into older guys too - so really my demographic is unlikely to use tinder, but I then don’t know how I’d get to meet them. Thanks in advance x

Honesttly in this day and age the use of social apps like tinder has become widespread so its not unsual to find someone of your taste on there. But honestly I hate the things, im gonna sound like such a boomer but what happened to the good old days when people used to talk and get to know each other irl and meet each other thru blind dates instead of just conversing online and then having nothing to talk about when they meet. Wheres the love and action
Reply 4
Best thing I would suggest is if you have any hobbies or interests, see if there is a society that is in your local area / city that you can join.
There's bound to be someone in that who you can connect with.
If you're at university / college, maybe try there, although I don't know the procedures for those institutes during Covid.
Hope you find someone that you can date :smile:
l am a single older guy l dont use dating sites full of baggage and cheats l cant stand tinder its to burn l am from Scotland
Yes! I actually hate online dating. I always prefer just bumping into someone on a night out and hitting it off. Internet dating takes everything out of dating. It's all nudes and sexting.
Hate them too. You never know how to talk to someone with them, and most users are prostitutes, bots and trolls anyway.

Original post by Anonymous
Is anyone the same or have any ideas? I’m typically into older guys too - so really my demographic is unlikely to use tinder, but I then don’t know how I’d get to meet them.

You could meet me if we lived in the same city.
Where do you come from what area ?
Reply 9
It’s difficult at the best of times to date. Unfortunately, COVID has done a good job of putting people off as well.

Online/ dating apps are plagued with negativity. Don’t get me wrong, there’s success stories - I dated a guy whilst at uni from tinder, it just didn’t work out. But I’ve had more negative experiences than positive ones.

Do you have close friends that you’d feel comfortable talking to and mentioning that you’re interested in meeting people? I find that unless you’re really close with friends, they don’t tend to introduce you to their friends for networking/ potential love interests.
Tinder reminds me of Mcdonalds. Boom bam bing. In and out, no long thing. Gets the job done, but not filling. It's not really a place for a serious relationship. You get me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending