The Student Room Group

Uni life - I’m finding it so hard

Sorry I just need some place to rant to so I’ll do it hear. It’s been my dream to go to uni ever since I was little and now I’m finally here it’s not what I expected. I went into lockdown with my flat because of covid and ever since coming out I haven’t been feeling the same. I’ve lost the new friends I made as they found other people whilst I was in isolation. I can’t join any of the societies I wanted. Also everyone around me has found who to live with in 2nd year already and I feel terribly alone. All I want to do is just cry every single second of the day. I’m really struggling and I just want a friend.... is it too much to ask for?
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry I just need some place to rant to so I’ll do it hear. It’s been my dream to go to uni ever since I was little and now I’m finally here it’s not what I expected. I went into lockdown with my flat because of covid and ever since coming out I haven’t been feeling the same. I’ve lost the new friends I made as they found other people whilst I was in isolation. I can’t join any of the societies I wanted. Also everyone around me has found who to live with in 2nd year already and I feel terribly alone. All I want to do is just cry every single second of the day. I’m really struggling and I just want a friend.... is it too much to ask for?

Firstly, I just want to say its not your fault. I think you should just take it day by day. I think it is extremely hard to make friends when going into isolation. Do you know anyone, or have you joined alone? Try to give yourself time and allow yourself to think that things will get better. I know it is easier said than done, but try to immerse yourself with university work. Friends will come and I am sure not everyone has found their second year flat mates already. You just need to give yourself some time... and just breathe. Maybe contact old school friends and see how they are getting on if you have some?

You will be okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending