The Student Room Group

He rejected me bc of my political views

Some guy I was messaging stopped replying to me when I told him I’m not a liberal
Like I can still see him on WhatsApp online but he stopped replying. He usually replies pretty quickly. Is it safe to say he is ignoring me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Some guy I was messaging stopped replying to me when I told him I’m not a liberal
Like I can still see him on WhatsApp online but he stopped replying. He usually replies pretty quickly. Is it safe to say he is ignoring me?

Depends, how long has it been since he stopped messaging? If anyone ghosts you for any reason its a **** move, the least he could say is that your views don't align and that he doesn't want to take it further, or he could just be busy if it hasn't been too long since the last message.

To be honest political, economic and environmental views are huge deals for a lot of people, personally, I couldn't get with a girl who's totally brainwashed by either side, I want someone whos Apolotical(politically neutral) which is almost impossible to find nowadays, people are so brainwashed by the news, social media and their own implicit biases that I truly think I'll be single forever.
Hard to say but possibly. He may be contemplating what he can reply or taking a break to make sure that he approaches it correctly, but I wouldn't count on it.

How long have you known him? If you've only started talking recently and this is a big deal to him then he may be thinking he's saving both your time. I wouldn't have ghosted, and I think he should explain his thought process, but that stands out to me as having the biggest probability.
Reply 3
Depends, how long has it been since he stopped messaging? If anyone ghosts you for any reason its a **** move, the least he could say is that your views don't align and that he doesn't want to take it further, or he could just be busy if it hasn't been too long since the last message.

To be honest political, economic and environmental views are huge deals for a lot of people, personally, I couldn't get with a girl who's totally brainwashed by either side, I want someone whos Apolotical(politically neutral) which is almost impossible to find nowadays, people are so brainwashed by the news, social media and their own implicit biases that I truly think I'll be single forever.

I’m actually apolitical mostly. I just told him I don’t agree with how ridiculous Labour is these days and it’s been almost 10 hours now since he stopped replying but he’s online. I’m not that bothered just think it’s a bit mad of him.
I’m actually apolitical mostly. I just told him I don’t agree with how ridiculous Labour is these days and it’s been almost 10 hours now since he stopped replying but he’s online. I’m not that bothered just think it’s a bit mad of him.

I would probably ghost you tbh.
A lot of people are quite passionate Labour supporters, so for you to say you don't support them probably raises a red flag for him. It's not really personal, but he probs just thinks you won't get on.

are you over 21? into fitness? (asking for a friend) xD
lmao

send him a meme of boris
pen mark a swastika on your hand and ask him if he likes your Hindu peace symbol
Probably time for you to move on and start chatting with new people. :smile:
He may be chatting with several people at the same time, taking his time replying to everyone.

What was the context of the chat about being a liberal?
He may have political related dating dealbreakers or be a sjw type of activist who is only willing to talk to likeminded individuals.
Original post by londonmyst
Probably time for you to move on and start chatting with new people. :smile:
He may be chatting with several people at the same time, taking his time replying to everyone.

What was the context of the chat about being a liberal?
He may have political related dating dealbreakers or be a sjw type of activist who is only willing to talk to likeminded individuals.

maybe u used the wrong pronouns and now he's mad af and 'they' saw this thread so doubled down
I would probably ghost you tbh.
A lot of people are quite passionate Labour supporters, so for you to say you don't support them probably raises a red flag for him. It's not really personal, but he probs just thinks you won't get on.

In order for you to ghost me I’d have to give you a chance first
maybe. for some people, politics is a make or break issue.
Hahahaha
Original post by tashkent46
lmao

send him a meme of boris

Love the username))
In order for you to ghost me I’d have to give you a chance first

I'm literally a heterosexual girl I'm not trying to make advances on Anon 1 chill lmaoo
I'm just explaining why he ghosted you which was the question, was it not?
are you over 21? into fitness? (asking for a friend) xD

I am! Moderate fitness like I exercise whenever I can but not hardcore!
I am! Moderate fitness like I exercise whenever I can but not hardcore!

What UNI do you study at?
tbh girls with different political opinions are more attractive as they are easier to wind up
I'm literally a heterosexual girl I'm not trying to make advances on Anon 1 chill lmaoo
I'm just explaining why he ghosted you which was the question, was it not?

I appreciate the advice but it’s petty got grown-ups to do that. Just say you’re not interested, don’t leave someone hanging but as I said I’m not upset I just wanted perspective if I was correct in thinking it is because of that
What UNI do you study at?

Edinburgh and what about you? I love how you said over 21 but no upper age limit, by the way hahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending