The Student Room Group

How can I ever trust a girl again??

Ok so I am 16, she is 15. We were together for 9 months.

We told each other that we loved each other countless times a day. She told me she loved me over a thousand times throughout the relationship.

On numerous accounts, she PROMISED me that she would never break up with me. She said that I was the only one for her - ever. We talked about marriage and kids. We both agreed that we were in it for the long term.

...And then one day she breaks up with me, because our relationship lacked enough 'communication', and because I wasn't the 'perfect guy for her. (other reasons also to do with our star signs, and her friends didn't like me so they wanted her to break up with me anyways.)

What I am struggling to get over is how I could ever trust another girl again. Like honestly, I had my full faith that she was telling the truth that she would never break up with me. I honestly and truly thought we would never, ever break up. And then she breaks that promise, and breaks up with me over something that can be fixed so easily.

How on earth can I ever trust a girl again? I truly and honestly thought she was telling the truth when she said she would never break up.

She was my first gf, so maybe I am just finding a bit harder to move on compared to other people.

Over the last month I have done my best to get her back: I have called her so many times, messaged paragraphs upon paragraphs, written poems and songs, learned her mother tongue language (polish) just to write poems to her. I have bought her Christmas, Valentines, Birthday and Period presents already and she didn't even seem to appreciate that. She moved on from me so quickly also - she had her arms around another guy calling him "baby", "bae" just a week after the break up.

Ughh wtf is going on heree? I am honestly so sad

Scroll to see replies

she was planning that if she moved on that quickly.

Move on bro :hugs:
That sucks 😭😭😭😭😭

Remeber that not all girls are like that
(Eg. Me lmaoo I would never do that. I stick to my word, so I hardly ever lie lol)
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, I've realised that words are just words, sadly while they mean a lot to us receiving them, it's just lip service for them. I hope you find someone lovely, you deserve better.
you can’t make promises like that in relationships, really. especially at 15. not even marriage means “together forever” anymore. just because the relationship ended doesn’t mean you didn’t enjoy your time with this person. you should put less pressure on how long you stay with someone and just enjoy it while it’s there.
Never trust anyone regardless. Saves you so much pain

*But I second ROTL that statements like "I will never leave you" are a bit ridiculous to actually believe. Life happens, and relationships of any kind tend to end at some point. Feelings and people change. It's just natural.

Best to move on OP, for your sake.
(edited 3 years ago)
we just a thread of sad people lol
Reply 7
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
she was planning that if she moved on that quickly.

Move on bro :hugs:

I got a feeling she did. He is my ex's best friend's friend. And as I said her best friend hated me, so she had this all planned, I am sure.
Reply 8
Original post by vix.xvi
That sucks 😭😭😭😭😭

Remeber that not all girls are like that
(Eg. Me lmaoo I would never do that. I stick to my word, so I hardly ever lie lol)

Aw thank you! That does give me hope about other girls, I must be honest :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by saji13
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, I've realised that words are just words, sadly while they mean a lot to us receiving them, it's just lip service for them. I hope you find someone lovely, you deserve better.

Thank you so much. That's what all my friends keep saying: "you deserve better", and I have found that is the best mindset to have :smile:
Very true, definitely cannot take it at face value. I am going to be taking those sorts of promises with a pinch of salt from now on
Original post by MadameRazz
you can’t make promises like that in relationships, really. especially at 15. not even marriage means “together forever” anymore. just because the relationship ended doesn’t mean you didn’t enjoy your time with this person. you should put less pressure on how long you stay with someone and just enjoy it while it’s there.

That's true. I do try to think about all the things that I benefitted from the relationship, and all the good times we had.
Original post by Synergy~
Never trust anyone regardless. Saves you so much pain

*But I second ROTL that statements like "I will never leave you" are a bit ridiculous to actually believe. Life happens, and relationships of any kind tend to end at some point. Feelings and people change. It's just natural.

Best to move on OP, for your sake.

Yh I know, it was just because she actually said she wanted a long term relationship so I just assumed she meant it. Oh well, I will get over it in time.
Original post by Anonymous
Aw thank you! That does give me hope about other girls, I must be honest :biggrin:

I'm glad ☺️
Thank you so much. That's what all my friends keep saying: "you deserve better", and I have found that is the best mindset to have :smile:

No worries🥰
They are absolutely right, and it is the best mentality!
You seem like a decent guy, so you will get better x
Original post by saji13
No worries🥰
They are absolutely right, and it is the best mentality!
You seem like a decent guy, so you will get better x

Aw ty ☺! It just hurts so much 😅, because we had so much in common... and sort of seems like fate put us together; we were neighbour for years and didn't even know it, and now she is one of my best friends neighbours. Just hurts so much, how she is so embedded within my life, and everything I do reminds me of her. I honestly keep seeing her as the sweet girl who I fell in love with, but I just gotta accept that she has changed ig
Yh I know, it was just because she actually said she wanted a long term relationship so I just assumed she meant it. Oh well, I will get over it in time.

You will. :hugs:
Aw ty ☺! It just hurts so much 😅, because we had so much in common... and sort of seems like fate put us together; we were neighbour for years and didn't even know it, and now she is one of my best friends neighbours. Just hurts so much, how she is so embedded within my life, and everything I do reminds me of her. I honestly keep seeing her as the sweet girl who I fell in love with, but I just gotta accept that she has changed ig

You're very welcome, and the memories do come back every now and then but you can Do It!:h:
FWIW she will (most likely) never find a perfect partner, and she'll come to realise that. Don't think every relationship you get into has to be perfect, it doesn't have to be to be special. Everyone has flaws.

Over the last month I have done my best to get her back: I have called her so many times, messaged paragraphs upon paragraphs, written poems and songs, learned her mother tongue language (polish) just to write poems to her. I have bought her Christmas, Valentines, Birthday and Period presents already and she didn't even seem to appreciate that. She moved on from me so quickly also - she had her arms around another guy calling him "baby", "bae" just a week after the break up.

This will just make it worse, sorry, it's better to just delete her number and not talk to her again.
she broke up with you because of your zodiac signs?!
tf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending