The Student Room Group

BTEC Applied Science Level 3 Study Group 2020/2021

Hi guys

Welcome to the BTEC Applied Science Study Group

I thought I would set up a general study support group for all students taking BTEC Business this year. This is a place to chat to other students about the subject, ask for help for any specific questions or to share any resources you've found that are super helpful!

Depending on what you all find most useful, we may link out to individual unit study groups. Let us know what you would find most useful, and we will try our best to set it up

Specifications

Resources

Scroll to see replies

Hello I'm on my first year of taking a BTEC level 3 applied science course and I've really enjoyed it however I've been finding it really hard to get websites to revise and make more notes so that I can get distinctions.

Are there any websites, YouTube videos/channels or revision guides that focus on the level 3 applied science BTEC cource??

Thank you!
Original post by Sharonelle Gucci
Hello I'm on my first year of taking a BTEC level 3 applied science course and I've really enjoyed it however I've been finding it really hard to get websites to revise and make more notes so that I can get distinctions.

Are there any websites, YouTube videos/channels or revision guides that focus on the level 3 applied science BTEC cource??

Thank you!

Bioteach YouTube channel is really good .

Thank you!

Have you got the BTEC revision guide?
Does anyone know any resources that could help me with my applied science level 3 course ? And would the btec student book 1 help me ?
Does anyone know how many distinctions you need to get ddd and ddm
Original post by Hazelly
Have you got the BTEC revision guide?

No, not yet I've just been using my teachers PowerPoint presentation to revise.

Thank you!

I recommend Pearson revision guide and workbook + student book is all you need for year 1 with your notes during class.
Original post by username5078324
Does anyone know any resources that could help me with my applied science level 3 course ? And would the btec student book 1 help me ?

pearson revision guide and workbook ,specification and yeah it definitely helps /
can someone tell me how to revise, i just cant revise properly?
yeah the specification really helps, i have the revision and workbook, but i havent used it yet
Original post by dope_hana

how to revise properly ?? Go through each topic on the spec every day. E.g Start with the revision guide do the first page then go the student book and revise it again as its the same but more in-depth . Revise one topic of the revision guide every day along with the student book then go and see in the spec if you have covered everything if not cover the remaining bits or watch videos on topics you are not sure about.

Then at last practice makes perfect do past papers and workbook hope this helps .
Original post by CrystalRose17
how to revise properly ?? Go through each topic on the spec every day. E.g Start with the revision guide do the first page then go the student book and revise it again as its the same but more in-depth . Revise one topic of the revision guide every day along with the student book then go and see in the spec if you have covered everything if not cover the remaining bits or watch videos on topics you are not sure about.

Then at last practice makes perfect do past papers and workbook hope this helps .

Original post by dope_hana

I've moved this into our applied science study group! You can use this thread to share resources and ask for help for whatever you are struggling with :smile:
Hi. I am new in this country and I'm not familiar how the exam works. Is there a certain website or source for an example exam past papers? if there is what and where can I find it?
Hello
basically I've got mocks coming up for unit 5 tommorow 2019 paper has any got the answers or questions for unit 5 applied science bio chem and physics

Thank you please reply asap as my mocks are tommorow. Really appreciate it
Original post by Squirell906
Hello
basically I've got mocks coming up for unit 5 tommorow 2019 paper has any got the answers or questions for unit 5 applied science bio chem and physics

Thank you please reply asap as my mocks are tommorow. Really appreciate it

hi use this website i found hope it helps: https://www.tes.com/en-au/teaching-resource/btec-applied-science-unit-1-past-exam-question-packs-12400231
Original post by Munch Munchy
Does anyone know how many distinctions you need to get ddd and ddm

Just get D’s in all your assignments and M’s in units 1, 3, 5 & 7 and you can get D*D*D/D*D*D*!!

Hello have you done unit 4?
Original post by studentbioch3m
Just get D’s in all your assignments and M’s in units 1, 3, 5 & 7 and you can get D*D*D/D*D*D*!!

Has anyone done unit 4?
Has anyone by any chance already done unit 4 if yes what grade did you achieve ?