The Student Room Group

How to cope with parents splitting up?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Its not easy of course and if anyone can maybe suggest anything to make them stay in the same in the same house that would be excellent. It would be a broken family, my parents live in separate houses and its embarassing. My family is going to be split up in 2. I just want things to stay as they are and I am worried they are not. Please help

Hey, im the same age as u and my parent split up when i was 15 and they live in seperate houses, im notnsure why you find it embarassing though? Also if theyre arguing its much better for them to live apart and be happy rather than living together and hating eachother you know what i mean? It sucks at first at christmas and birthdays but its honestly not that bad, your parents will be happier in the long run so theyll probably be more fun to be around :^)
Original post by spacerat
Hey, im the same age as u and my parent split up when i was 15 and they live in seperate houses, im notnsure why you find it embarassing though? Also if theyre arguing its much better for them to live apart and be happy rather than living together and hating eachother you know what i mean? It sucks at first at christmas and birthdays but its honestly not that bad, your parents will be happier in the long run so theyll probably be more fun to be around :^)

Yes
Original post by 5hyl33n
Have you posted this before? You are asking for ways to cope but not actually taking anyone’s advice!

Its hard times
Original post by GabiAbi84
Okay, so you’re old enough to understand that constant arguments are not mentally helpful to anyone living in that environment.
They have made their decision.
Start thinking about how your life will change for the better now that you won’t have to live with that. Not saying it will be easy but at least you’re of an age that you should be able to understand why it’s for the best.

Its still hard though weather im 17 25 or 3 years old
Its still hard though weather im 17 25 or 3 years old

I didn’t say that it wasn’t.
In fact I said that it wouldn’t be easy.
But at 17 (and 25) you have a level of understanding that a three year old doesn’t have and so it makes more sense as to what’s going on.
I didn’t say that it wasn’t.
In fact I said that it wouldn’t be easy.
But at 17 (and 25) you have a level of understanding that a three year old doesn’t have and so it makes more sense as to what’s going on.

I was saying because that other user was like I have posted before and you were like agreeing with him I just wanted to say it is hard that is why I wanted to repost
I was saying because that other user was like I have posted before and you were like agreeing with him I just wanted to say it is hard that is why I wanted to repost

I’m a her...

I said that because you are posting the same things and not learning from any of the advice any one is giving you.
You constantly come back with “they should stay in the same house/they should get counselling” when you should be focussing on how you’re going to deal with it. You invent scenarios that you don’t know will come to pass to worry about.
Original post by 5hyl33n
I’m a her...

Sorry but yes like I said its hard so sometimes I need to talk about it again
I said that because you are posting the same things and not learning from any of the advice any one is giving you.
You constantly come back with “they should stay in the same house/they should get counselling” when you should be focussing on how you’re going to deal with it. You invent scenarios that you don’t know will come to pass to worry about.

Sometimes I feel better about it and then I just get back upset again so last time I posted i might have felt better with the help but now I have been feeling upset again
Original post by 5hyl33n
Have you posted this before? You are asking for ways to cope but not actually taking anyone’s advice!

I was thinking the same the moment I saw the thread I thought oh I know who this OP is.
Original post by 1st superstar
I was thinking the same the moment I saw the thread I thought oh I know who this OP is.

I'm just a normal tsr user what do mean know who I am
I'm just a normal tsr user what do mean know who I am

I mean I don't know your real username but aren't you the same OP who as 5hyl33n said was refusing to take advice from others when you posted a similar thread?
I mean I don't know your real username but aren't you the same OP who as 5hyl33n said was refusing to take advice from others when you posted a similar thread?

I'm not refusing to take advice I just want more advice

B64DCBF2-CD2C-4194-AB12-9A7BA4A3C972.jpg.jpeg
B64DCBF2-CD2C-4194-AB12-9A7BA4A3C972.jpg.jpeg

I don't know if your parents together butbyod understand this is not easy and sometimes you need extra support
I don't know if your parents together butbyod understand this is not easy and sometimes you need extra support

But you aren’t asking for advice on how to deal with it, you’re asking how to get them to stay in the same house, even though last time you asked that all the advice told you that 1)it wasn’t your decision to make and 2) it wasn’t a particularly good idea.
You didn’t listen, then said okay and are now back asking “how can I get them to live in the same house” again...
and people that are giving you advice on how to cope with it you ignore or tell them they don’t know how hard it is or simply “yes”
I am not unsympathetic to your situation.
I'm not refusing to take advice I just want more advice

You were given advice but refused to take it lol.
You were given advice but refused to take it lol.

I have taken some advice ffs
But you aren’t asking for advice on how to deal with it, you’re asking how to get them to stay in the same house, even though last time you asked that all the advice told you that 1)it wasn’t your decision to make and 2) it wasn’t a particularly good idea.
You didn’t listen, then said okay and are now back asking “how can I get them to live in the same house” again...
and people that are giving you advice on how to cope with it you ignore or tell them they don’t know how hard it is or simply “yes”
I am not unsympathetic to your situation.

There might be a chance they'll stay together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending