The Student Room Group

How to write to landlord about tenancy swap?

I would like to move out of my current accommodation but I have about 8 months of my contract left. I would like to ask my landlord if I can find someone to take over my tenancy agreement but I am struggling to put the words together. How do I write this in a professional manner?
Hello

Dear Landlord.

I want someone to look after the property in my absence. Is that okay or not? I promise they will take care of it. Yes I will draft up a written contract beforehand as well. The person will behave too. I need to move out of the property for whatever reason for some time and I do not want to leave the property unguarded however. Thanks in advance for your cooperation in the matter.
Original post by Sarzzza
I would like to move out of my current accommodation but I have about 8 months of my contract left. I would like to ask my landlord if I can find someone to take over my tenancy agreement but I am struggling to put the words together. How do I write this in a professional manner?

Hey @Sarzzza!

I would just email your landlord and politely ask
Just explain why you want to move out and if they would be okay with you finding a replacement tenant.
Also make sure you ask what the replacement tenant will need to do, in terms of will they need to provide a deposit? do they need a guarantor ? things like this

This will make it easier for you to then explain to a prospective tenant what they need to provide in order to take over your contract!

I hope this helps :smile:
Eloise - Official Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending