The Student Room Group

How many pushups can you do all in one go?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwertuyuyuy
how tall are you guys

6’4
Original post by CaptainDuckie
6’4

wtttttt how are r some people so tall bruuhhh. can i ask ur ageand ur parents height im curious
wtttttt how are r some people so tall bruuhhh. can i ask ur ageand ur parents height im curious

Mum: 5’7
Dad : about 6’2 ish

Mum: 5’7
Dad : about 6’2 ish

ok that explains it. my dad is 5,7 so is mom
ok that explains it. my dad is 5,7 so is mom

How tall are you? :biggrin:
How tall are you? :biggrin:

5'10
5'10

Decent lol
You tall :smile: how old?
Decent lol
You tall :smile: how old?

18 lol . i havent grown since year 10, probably got some problem or somethin
Reply 48
Original post by royalty1702
how did you progress so quickly? That's actually incredible! You should be very proud of yourself!

Thank you, yes I am very happy with the progress. The 20/25 is the absolute maximum (for now), and I really have to push myself to get there. I basically did some every day, I wouldn't really recommend this and rest a bit more looking back. My progress was something like this:
I kept doing sets of 25-50 wall pushups until I could do a incline pushup from the bottom/near bottom stairs. Once I achieved that, I just kept doing that until I was able to do 10 of those. After I achieved that, I kept doing sets of 10-15 and rarely 20 if I was really in the mood of incline pushups until I could do a single regular pushup and once I could do that, I just kept doing that and increasing how many I could do.

Also, I am a relatively skinny person (only around 60-65kg) so I feel pushups are a little easier for me than an average person haha.
Reply 49
18 lol . i havent grown since year 10, probably got some problem or somethin

That's fine tbh, lots of guys stop growing around then
I am a professional swimmer and we do lots of training i.e. push-ups, burpees, squats.
When I am really trying I can usually get to around 80 or so give or take 5
Like 4 proper pushups with good form. past 4 all kinds of funky start like going all sideways, sagging my back...
Original post by Rarest
Thank you, yes I am very happy with the progress. The 20/25 is the absolute maximum (for now), and I really have to push myself to get there. I basically did some every day, I wouldn't really recommend this and rest a bit more looking back. My progress was something like this:
I kept doing sets of 25-50 wall pushups until I could do a incline pushup from the bottom/near bottom stairs. Once I achieved that, I just kept doing that until I was able to do 10 of those. After I achieved that, I kept doing sets of 10-15 and rarely 20 if I was really in the mood of incline pushups until I could do a single regular pushup and once I could do that, I just kept doing that and increasing how many I could do.

Also, I am a relatively skinny person (only around 60-65kg) so I feel pushups are a little easier for me than an average person haha.

very nice

how tall are you?
Reply 53
very nice

how tall are you?

177/178
Original post by Rarest
177/178

that seems healthy. How old are you?
Reply 55
that seems healthy. How old are you?

20 and yeah, it's a healthy weight but visibly (esp my arms) are quite skinny so I wanna change that
Original post by Rarest
20 and yeah, it's a healthy weight but visibly (esp my arms) are quite skinny so I wanna change that

yeah for sure. Just make sure you do some pulling exercises as well (eg to work your back) so that you don't encounter any posture issues.
Reply 57
yeah for sure. Just make sure you do some pulling exercises as well (eg to work your back) so that you don't encounter any posture issues.

yesss, what inspired me to do this was my friend doing a 'One punch man' like routine where he would do a 100 pushups a day so I kinda looked into it a while back and apparently it can mess with the posture and so during a sale I have invested in a pair of gymnastic rings to do inverted rows on (I think that's what they are called, where you are below the rings and facing them then pulling yourself up) so hopefully that will pay off
Original post by Rarest
yesss, what inspired me to do this was my friend doing a 'One punch man' like routine where he would do a 100 pushups a day so I kinda looked into it a while back and apparently it can mess with the posture and so during a sale I have invested in a pair of gymnastic rings to do inverted rows on (I think that's what they are called, where you are below the rings and facing them then pulling yourself up) so hopefully that will pay off

where did you get those rings from? I want to check them out
Reply 59
where did you get those rings from? I want to check them out

Amazon Gymnastic Rings, theres a lot you can do on them. If you have any sports equipment shops near you, you can probably find them cheaper there.

Quick Reply

Latest