The Student Room Group

Can uni reconsider your application ?

Can a university reconsider your application ? They offered me a foundation year which I don’t think it will be beneficial at all
Reply 1
What specifically do you mean by reconsider? Like, after being rejected? No, unless you then apply via adjustment or clearing if they've got space after results day.

Don't take a foundation year if you don't want to, it is an extra £9250 + maintenance loan after all.
Original post by Sinnoh
What specifically do you mean by reconsider? Like, after being rejected? No, unless you then apply via adjustment or clearing if they've got space after results day.

Don't take a foundation year if you don't want to, it is an extra £9250 + maintenance loan after all.

I don’t want to do a foundation year the uni gave me a conditional offer but with a foundation year at uni . I want them to reconsider my application meaning I can do the normal course without the foundation . Do you understand what I mean ? Do you think it’s possible for them to reconsider ?
Reply 3
Original post by Hannahhhhajka
I don’t want to do a foundation year the uni gave me a conditional offer but with a foundation year at uni . I want them to reconsider my application meaning I can do the normal course without the foundation . Do you understand what I mean ? Do you think it’s possible for them to reconsider ?

Ah. I don't think it's at all likely at this stage, if they didn't give you the offer with the foundation course then they probably would have just rejected you outright instead. Are your predicted grades below their typical offer?
Original post by Sinnoh
Ah. I don't think it's at all likely at this stage, if they didn't give you the offer with the foundation course then they probably would have just rejected you outright instead. Are your predicted grades below their typical offer?

Nope it’s because they require certain subjects or certain units
Reply 5
Original post by Hannahhhhajka
Nope it’s because they require certain subjects or certain units

Oh then that makes it all the less likely that they'd change their mind. Did you not know these requirements when you applied?
Reply 6
Maybe check if they do clearing for your course and you can get in through that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending