The Student Room Group

Ucas application mistake

Hi everyone, I just sent off my ucas application today and it’s been processed and it’s all been paid for. However after I just had a look through my personal details and realised on the education part I’ve made a slight error. It asks what the highest expected grades would be before I started the course and I must have accidentally selected honours degree level or above. It won’t let me edit this, what should I do? Will it really be that big of a deal? I already have my A level grades so I’m not waiting on any pending grades. I’m a bit worried incase it affects my application but it was a genuine mistake.
Reply 1
Original post by Matthewmcd3209
Hi everyone, I just sent off my ucas application today and it’s been processed and it’s all been paid for. However after I just had a look through my personal details and realised on the education part I’ve made a slight error. It asks what the highest expected grades would be before I started the course and I must have accidentally selected honours degree level or above. It won’t let me edit this, what should I do? Will it really be that big of a deal? I already have my A level grades so I’m not waiting on any pending grades. I’m a bit worried incase it affects my application but it was a genuine mistake.

hey, your school will be able to send the application back to you so that you can edit it. Email your school asking for them to send the application back to you as you have made an error
Original post by Raja12
hey, your school will be able to send the application back to you so that you can edit it. Email your school asking for them to send the application back to you as you have made an error

I applied individually as I’m no longer in school. So I don’t think this would work as the school only gave me a reference they had nothing else to do with my app.
Reply 3
I applied individually as I’m no longer in school. So I don’t think this would work as the school only gave me a reference they had nothing else to do with my app.

oh don't really know about that sorry.... another person who is more experienced will help u
Reply 4
If it was a genuine mistake then it shouldn't be a problem. However, it will only be ok if you let them know.

Simply email the admissions team of each of the universities you have applied to explaining that you were meant to select 'below honours degree level'.
You should probably also email/call UCAS to tell them the same thing so they can update your application.

Contact UCAS to amend the application.

If you havent added in a university or degree classification onto UCAS and they have A-level dates hopefully they'll figure it out but its still wrong & technically misleading so contact them and get it amended.
I agree that this shouldn’t be a problem but I would contact UCAS to amend it if possible.

(It’s mainly an issue for international students where there are restrictions on completing the same level of study repeatedly)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending