The Student Room Group

Is this a good idea?

I'm planning on moving out of my mom's house soon. I am currently 16 and I have my mom's permission to move out at 17 (I turn 17 in 6 months) I works as a Cashier, Waitress, and a Babysitter on the weekends. I have quiet a lot of money and I really want to move to Kentucky, but my friends and my dad thinks it's a bad idea to move there.. And I don't know if I should move there or not.. And basically no one in my family supports my decision to move there, Like they want me to live in Indianapolis and I really don't wanna live there it's too much..
Are you an american citizen living in the usa?
Do you have any friends or family members living near Kentucky?

It will probably be easier for you to move out at 18 rather than during the worst of the pandemic.
More opportunities for full time employment or uni.
If you are willing to wait until 18, this will give you more time to save money and find work or a place to study that will be ready for you when you move out.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Are you an american citizen living in the usa?
Do you have any friends or family members living near Kentucky?

It will probably be easier for you to move out at 18 rather than during the worst of the pandemic.
More opportunities for full time employment or uni.
If you are willing to wait until 18, this will give you more time to save money and find work or a place to study that will be ready for you when you move out.

Yeah, I've lived in Indiana for my whole lief and I've visted about a few states. My boyfriend actually live in Kentucky and I don't really feel like going to uni or collage. I've had a job since I was 14- And everytime I got paid or just found some money laying around in my room, I've managed to save up to $9,000 almost $10,00. My mom is proud of me for saving money for 3 years... And I've been looking online for apartments I could rent to stay for a while until I find and actual place to live in with my boyfriend.
Reply 4
Why would you move out at 16? Do you have any reason other than "cuz I want to"?
Seems like a short sighted idea. You can move to another state at another time when you're older. If this is because you want to see your boyfriend, you could spend your money to visit him while you finish high school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending