The Student Room Group

Eligibility with an integrated master

Hi I have obtained my MEng degree (master of engineering), though it is an undergraduate degree.

I am apply for my postgrad master degree (MSc), am I still eligible for postgrad loan?

Thank you
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 451318872
Hi I have obtained my MEng degree (master of engineering), though it is an undergraduate degree.

I am apply for my postgrad master degree (MSc), am I still eligible for postgrad loan?

Thank you

Hi, our guidance states:

If the student has previously studied an integrated master's and leaves with a BA they will be eligible to go on to do a stand alone master's and receive funding as long as no credits from the previous course are being transferred over.

If the student has studied on an integrated master's course but failed to gain the qualification they would be eligible to receive a PGL for a postgraduate course.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, our guidance states:

If the student has previously studied an integrated master's and leaves with a BA they will be eligible to go on to do a stand alone master's and receive funding as long as no credits from the previous course are being transferred over.

If the student has studied on an integrated master's course but failed to gain the qualification they would be eligible to receive a PGL for a postgraduate course.

Thanks, Isaac

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. What if I have already completed the integrated master's, and gained the qualification.
If now I go on to do a stand alone master's, am I still eligible for PGL?

Thanks
Original post by 451318872
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. What if I have already completed the integrated master's, and gained the qualification.
If now I go on to do a stand alone master's, am I still eligible for PGL?

Thanks

If you gained a masters qualification then you won't be eligible.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending