The Student Room Group

I want to move out what can I do?

I turned 20 a few weeks ago ago and I want to move out soon. I will not have independence in my parents house and I often have fights becasue they dissaprove of everything I want to do. I wanted to do babaysitting and it ended up in me getting threatened violence. I have a lot of mental problems which are undiagnosed alot came from the dysfunctional environment I grew up in. I hate every second of staying here but I have no funds to move out into my own place in london. I wasn't taught how to save money, I barely know anything about leases let only the procedure of being independent in my own place. I paid a part of rent and electricity a few times. I cant do adults things such as clubbing and staying a friends house for a sleepover, travelling with friends abroad, working night shifts. It has gotten exhausting and I feel trapped because everytime I speak up I get berated and end up in loud arguments. I cant control my emotions at all when Im upset.

I'm not in uni because I'm in an online course to get my level 2 maths qaulification. I have a temp retail job which is unreliable rn so I'm looking for a warehouse job to save up. I don't have nearly enough in savings. I do not want to go uni, I prefer working and getting money also I want to start a buisness whcih my parents will not approve. I dont know what I want to pursue in my life.

I feel stuck and I don't want to live like this anymore but during these times , I feel like I can't escape this and my horrible thoughts. What are the best options for me? Any advice?

Im reffered myself for therapy and Im waiitng to hear back.
Come up with a budget and saving plan and stick with it so you have enough money for a deposit and first month's rent.

Then move out to a house share which is cheaper than living on your own.

The Shelter website gives housing advice about tenancies operate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending