The Student Room Group

Living with girlfriend at university

Hey, everyone. I've got a bit of a dilemma. I'm not in uni yet, I'm taking a gap year so I'll be enrolling in September 2022. I have a couple of questions about how I'd be able to live with my girlfriend while I'm at uni.

My girlfriend is from Italy, and still lives there. If she were to come over to live with me, would she be able to? She wouldn't be a student, and I'm not sure how it would affect rent as she would be a non-student but she would also not be a UK citizen, so how would it work? Would we have to pay 75% of council tax if we were in private accomodation? And does anyone know of any student accomodation organisations that are in Kent, Aberystwyth or Cardiff that allow non-students to live with students?

Sorry for the stream of consciousness, it's just I'd rather know everything about what me and her will have to do to make it possible before getting to that point and realising we don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance,
Rich
is your gf a uni student?
Reply 2
Original post by ADarling
is your gf a uni student?

No, she wouldn't be. She'd be a non-student, despite having finished uni in Italy. At the time of us living together, she wouldn't be a student.
How long have you known her? What’s the longest amount of time you have spent together? I obviously don’t know your situation, but you should think things through carefully.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending