The Student Room Group

Can a uni chnage your course after getting unconditional?!!!

So basically during art bath spa interviews they offered everyone an intergrated foundation year. I didn't feel like it was a choice so I said yes being scared I wouldn't be accepted if I said no. I honestly dont even feel like I said yes and she changed my course. I am really upset about this and emailed admissions to see if I can remove the intergrated foundation year after finding out it was a choice. For reference the grade requirements is like bbb and I'm predicted Distinction A*A*. I really dont wanna do a foundation year
(edited 3 years ago)
You need to email ucas and/or the uni admissions team
Reply 2
Original post by alevel20203
You need to email ucas and/or the uni admissions team

I emailed admissions last night. I'm really scared I'm gunna get rejected
Original post by Ellabtb
I emailed admissions last night. I'm really scared I'm gunna get rejected

You should be fine especially if they’ve given you an unconditional for a foundation course, which shows you’re doing good
Original post by Ellabtb
So basically during art bath spa interviews they offered everyone an intergrated foundation year. I didn't feel like it was a choice so I said yes being scared I wouldn't be accepted if I said no. I honestly dont even feel like I said yes and she changed my course. I am really upset about this and emailed admissions to see if I can remove the intergrated foundation year after finding out it was a choice. For reference the grade requirements is like bbb and I'm predicted Distinction A*A*. I really dont wanna do a foundation year

You seem very certain of not wanting the foundation year. What makes you feel so strongly about that? You state your excellent predicted grades, but don't give the subjects. Many uni's offering arts courses do prefer their entrants to do some sort of conversion course - either an access course or a foundation year simply because degree arts studies are very different to A levels. Good luck in requesting a revised offer, but unless there are pressing personal or financial implications the foundation year is not the worst option.
Reply 5
Original post by Dee-Emma
You seem very certain of not wanting the foundation year. What makes you feel so strongly about that? You state your excellent predicted grades, but don't give the subjects. Many uni's offering arts courses do prefer their entrants to do some sort of conversion course - either an access course or a foundation year simply because degree arts studies are very different to A levels. Good luck in requesting a revised offer, but unless there are pressing personal or financial implications the foundation year is not the worst option.

Art graphic design and ICT. Also I cant afford to do a foundation year as my family income is extremely low (below the poverty line)
Original post by Ellabtb
Art graphic design and ICT. Also I cant afford to do a foundation year as my family income is extremely low (below the poverty line)

Sounds like you are well prepared for your degree - but if your family income is that low then your maintenance loan should be topped up to max already and you shouldn't need additional support. Good luck anyway.. Bath Spa arts campus is a nice set-up - was really tempted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending