The Student Room Group

Should I forgive my brother?

Last February, I got into an argument with my younger sister, following her finding out why I hate her partner. A long time ago, her partner came between this girl and me.. To cut a long story short, I fell out with my sister, and my brother traced my former flame. He told me that he was taking me out for a drive, but refused to tell me where. He took me to the home of my former flame, who I had not seen for many moons. It was the most awkward day of my entire life. All she spoke about is how bad I treated her and that she had read about my recent downfall. It became obvious that she never loved nor cared for me, and that I was merely fooling myself. I walked out of her house, followed by my brother. We had a little disagreement outside and I drove off in his car, leaving him stranded. I think my brother took me to her house for malicious reasons. I told him that I would never forget what he did that day, and that I would not forgive him. We haven't spoken since that day, now it has been over five years. Should I or should I not forgive him?
Original post by Anonymous
Last February, I got into an argument with my younger sister, following her finding out why I hate her partner. A long time ago, her partner came between this girl and me.. To cut a long story short, I fell out with my sister, and my brother traced my former flame. He told me that he was taking me out for a drive, but refused to tell me where. He took me to the home of my former flame, who I had not seen for many moons. It was the most awkward day of my entire life. All she spoke about is how bad I treated her and that she had read about my recent downfall. It became obvious that she never loved nor cared for me, and that I was merely fooling myself. I walked out of her house, followed by my brother. We had a little disagreement outside and I drove off in his car, leaving him stranded. I think my brother took me to her house for malicious reasons. I told him that I would never forget what he did that day, and that I would not forgive him. We haven't spoken since that day, now it has been over five years. Should I or should I not forgive him?

What strange behaviour? When you say brother is this your sister's partner, your brother in law? Or is it your physical brother? If it is your brother, why did he get involved in the 1st place if it was between you, your sister & her partner?
Do you actually want a relationship with your brother?
Forgive and forget 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending