Reply 60
Original post by Hadupadu
???
I had an argument with my teacher about Atheism
She said the earth is “just” there. We don’t question it
This stuck with me
Now I’m in a state where Allah isn’t apparent to me fully

Nothing is helping me and I feel so sad it makes me not wanna eat or sleep

There’s nothing wrong with a lack of faith in God. Not everyone believes in a divine being.

I believe that if there is a God, he wouldn’t hold you against your lack of belief in him. Had the religious texts really come from a divine being, the proof would be concrete and irrefutable. But that’s not the case.

But you can’t force your belief, just be a good person.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by KikiTheYeagerist
in the Quran there are plenty of scientific facts in it that are then discovered by scientists thousands of years later

Those scientific facts are incredibly vague and are ‘after the fact’ meaning once a scientists discovers something, scholars/Muslims interpret verses and interpret them to be scientific.

Are there any scientific equations/formulas in the Quran? That would be more concrete evidence of ‘scientific miracles’
Reply 62
Original post by S1M001
Those scientific facts are incredibly vague and are ‘after the fact’ meaning once a scientists discovers something, scholars/Muslims interpret verses and interpret them to be scientific.

Yes it's so silly and childish. It is so easy to make a quote fit the science but I never hear any new science developed based on the Quran (so what's the point?). For example this verse:

He is the One who has made the sun a glow, and the moon a light... (Quran 10:5)

This is interpreted by Islamic scholars to mean reflected light but I am sure that if the moon did emit light they would change the meaning :rolleyes:
Original post by S1M001

Are there any scientific equations/formulas in the Quran? That would be more concrete evidence of ‘scientific miracles’

lmao the Quran ain't gonna bring out all science in the world and put it in a book. According to the belief of "scientific miracles in the Quran", the Quran abounds with scientific facts which appeared centuries before their discovery by science. This demonstrates according to supporters that the Quran must be of divine origin.
Are there any scientific equations/formulas in the Quran?- dude wut u want A = π in the quran, you would probably say that's vague as well.

you can read this if you want then tell me your opinion if it has changed
not exactly
i believe in god,Allah because everything in the Quran is logical to me

Everything? You find the idea that humans are formed from clay, and then become a clot of blood, logical? You find it logical that the Quran implies that the Earth is flat, when we know it certainly is not? If so, you are failing to determine what is logical.
Original post by DarthRoar
Everything? You find the idea that humans are formed from clay, and then become a clot of blood, logical? You find it logical that the Quran implies that the Earth is flat, when we know it certainly is not? If so, you are failing to determine what is logical.

um well yeah because God is beyond the physical world so he can make that happen, he is omnipotent

and the quran said the earth is flat for us so like how we see the earth as level around us and flat, but the Quran describes the earth as round globally

Reply 66
lmao the Quran ain't gonna bring out all science in the world and put it in a book. According to the belief of "scientific miracles in the Quran", the Quran abounds with scientific facts which appeared centuries before their discovery by science. This demonstrates according to supporters that the Quran must be of divine origin.
Are there any scientific equations/formulas in the Quran?- dude wut u want A = π in the quran, you would probably say that's vague as well.

If you created a science book from all of these quotes and gave it to someone with little scientific knowledge do you really think they would learn anything? The quotes themselves are nothing without the actual science.

If you really don't think that the so called science in the Quran is vague then you are clearly indoctrinated.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by Notnek
Yes it's so silly and childish. It is so easy to make a quote fit the science but I never hear any new science developed based on the Quran (so what's the point?). For example this verse:

This is interpreted by Islamic scholars to mean reflected light but I am sure that if the moon did emit light they would change the meaning :rolleyes:

Yep. Words can mean whatever you would like it to mean, if you look through the right lens.

Is some objective proof so hard for a divine being?
Original post by Notnek
If you created a science book from all of these quotes and gave it to someone with little scientific knowledge do you really think they would learn anything? The quotes themselves are nothing without the actual science.

If you really don't think that the so called science in the Quran is vague then you are clearly indoctrinated.

why does it need to be clearer I don't get you, it's enough for me to believe in islam

I'm telling you if it was any clearer like 100% clearer people would still defy it

I was expecting nonsense, but my god. It is thoroughly embarrassing that a member of my species put that together.
Original post by Theloniouss
I was expecting nonsense, but my god. It is thoroughly embarrassing that a member of my species put that together.

whatever I'm done arguing we aren't getting anywhere
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 71
why does it need to be clearer I don't get you, it's enough for me to believe in islam

I'm telling you if it was any clearer like 100% clearer people would still defy it

The fact that it's not clear, which you seem to accept now, means that it can be interpreted any way you like and you can do this trick with any sufficiently long text.

Here is a prediction from my religious text. Please let me know what you think of it and if you are convinced that my God is better than your God:

And thorough this distemperature we see
The seasons alter: hoary-headed frosts

This is a prediction of global warming because of the use of the word "distemperature" and the "seasons alter". Plus hoary means greyish white so it's saying that the frost in the "head" i.e. the north pole won't be as white as it once was.
Original post by Hadupadu
???
I had an argument with my teacher about Atheism
She said the earth is “just” there. We don’t question it
This stuck with me
Now I’m in a state where Allah isn’t apparent to me fully

Nothing is helping me and I feel so sad it makes me not wanna eat or sleep

why would your teacher be having an argument with you about religion,
This thread really upsets me
Original post by Notnek
The fact that it's not clear, which you seem to accept now, means that it can be interpreted any way you like and you can do this trick with any sufficiently long text.

Here is a prediction from my religious text. Please let me know what you think of it and if you are convinced that my God is better than your God:

And thorough this distemperature we see
The seasons alter: hoary-headed frosts

This is a prediction of global warming because of the use of the word "distemperature" and the "seasons alter". Plus hoary means greyish white so it's saying that the frost in the "head" i.e. the north pole won't be as white as it once was.

What I don’t understand is when OP has asked about God in the Islamic context and we have people just confusing the poor guy more and more just to say that they are right or put another religion down. I think it’s fair to say that there’s enough evidence for the person to decide what they want to believe in. What I find so intriguing is the fact that if there was a similar discussion going on about any other topic they would be labelled a “-phobe” or “anti-“ and that person would have to just accept the way things and keep their opinions/ thoughts to themselves.

Do you speak Arabic?
in the Quran there are plenty of scientific facts in it that are then discovered by scientists thousands of years later

This is simply not true. There is not one bit of “science” in the Quran that was not already known and much of the science in it is wrong, proving it wasn’t authored by a god and therefore showing conclusively that Islam is false.
I can't believe it's not Buddah.
Reply 78
Original post by CynicalHair
What I find so intriguing is the fact that if there was a similar discussion going on about any other topic they would be labelled a “-phobe” or “anti-“ and that person would have to just accept the way things and keep their opinions/ thoughts to themselves.

Give me an example of a similar discussion that you mean.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Notnek

Exactly-it is good that OP is thinking critically and questioning stuff- after all that's how human civilisation has progressed and become more advanced through the years

Latest

Trending

Trending