The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

omg this is the 10th height thread i've seen this week lmao
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I have no issue at all with women wanting to date someone taller. I do think there is a double standard though, in that men would be heavily criticised if they were as openly fussy about eg breast size or weight in a potential partner. Eg on Tinder it is reasonably common for women to express a strict height requirement (which is fine, it is up to them). A man would be widely decried as being misogynistic if he had a strict breast size cutoff, for example.

When on Tinder or dating first questions you should always ask: What do you do for a living? Are you religious or not? How tall are you?

These are deal breakers for me.

It's not just about attraction I also might want kids and want them to grow up to be decent so I'm not exactly going to marry an attractive beautician or a hairdresser am I? But I'm not going to marry a morbidly obese 5'1 Classics grad from Oxford who doesn't shave her armpits.
I have no issue at all with women wanting to date someone taller. I do think there is a double standard though, in that men would be heavily criticised if they were as openly fussy about eg breast size or weight in a potential partner. Eg on Tinder it is reasonably common for women to express a strict height requirement (which is fine, it is up to them). A man would be widely decried as being misogynistic if he had a strict breast size cutoff, for example.

The breasts are sexual organs. Putting a standard like that in your tinder bio is completely different to height. It's just inappropriate. You should have compared it to something else.
Original post by FluffyAkitaBoy
It's not the height preference I fall in that range myself. It's that I barely make the cut for a girl who's an entire 6 inches or so shorter than me. Depressing.

women tend to wear heels, and it's normal for women to want their partner to be taller - it makes us feel safer and more feminine. at the same time, height itself isn't the determining factor, if I like your character and I'm otherwise attracted to you, I'm not gonna "choose" another guy just because he's 6'2 or whatever.
women tend to wear heels, and it's normal for women to want their partner to be taller - it makes us feel safer and more feminine. at the same time, height itself isn't the determining factor, if I like your character and I'm otherwise attracted to you, I'm not gonna "choose" another guy just because he's 6'2 or whatever.

So much for feminism and women's rights then in women wanting a man to make them feel safer and more feminine lol.
Original post by mari0506
The breasts are sexual organs. Putting a standard like that in your tinder bio is completely different to height. It's just inappropriate. You should have compared it to something else.

No they're exactly equivalent. Just because breasts can be stimulated for sexual pleasure doesn't mean they're not equivalent. Both increased height in men and breast size in women are secondary sexual characteristics.

Not really it's exactly the same thing. Height is something that some unfortunate souls can't do anything about but yet get judged upon, much like breasts.

But saying that there is limb lengthening surgery and breast augmentation so if it's a problem just save up for that and be what you should be.

There's really no excuse in today's society.
No they're exactly equivalent. Just because breasts can be stimulated for sexual pleasure doesn't mean they're not equivalent. Both increased height in men and breast size in women are secondary sexual characteristics.

It's simply not the same. You can't stimulate your height for sexual pleasure, can you? Stating your exact preferences in breast size is kind of perverted. A guy can have preferences in height just like some girls do, but saying it's the same as breast size is ridiculous.
Bless you little girl. Sure physical attraction has to be a think. Petite girls aren't really attractive unless they're like gymnasts or East-Asian etc. But relationships are more than attraction.

For example I'm not going to marry some leggy bimbo that's great in the bedroom but thick as a plank. She'd be a bad example for kids (not to mention the genetics) and an embarrassment to introduce to the family.

Hence why I said if a girl is short they got to offer something to make up for that. So if I don't know they were a 5'3 doctor then yeah that might be ok.

Of course that relationships are more than attraction, but again, without attraction, there's no happy relationship, unless you're telling me you'd be happy to screw someone you find ugly/unattractive - husbands cheating on their wives because they are no longer attracted to them after they got fatter and less attractive is tale as old as time.

Height is sexually attractive in men. It is an entirely legitimate comparison.
all relationships are superficial to an extent - the relationship is doomed if you're not physically attracted to the person you're dating

Maybe you can't ready or have some kind of learning difficulties but I said that it was fine to have a height preference and indeed I set my cut off at 165cm as a guy but wouldn't dismiss someone shorter if for example they excelled in other ways.

I just find it somewhat ironic that it's the petite women i.e. the scraps from the bottom of the barrel, who tend to be the most superficial when they're hardly alpha female glamazons themselves.
Of course that relationships are more than attraction, but again, without attraction, there's no happy relationship, unless you're telling me you'd be happy to screw someone you find ugly/unattractive - husbands cheating on their wives because they are no longer attracted to them after they got fatter and less attractive is tale as old as time.

No I'm saying girls who are petite aren't really attractive at all unless they're asian and well educated.
Original post by KikiTheYeagerist
omg this is the 10th height thread i've seen this week lmao

There are always going to be repeat of threads, it happens every time. Ideas get recycled as the days progresses, nothing new these days.
Maybe you can't ready or have some kind of learning difficulties but I said that it was fine to have a height preference and indeed I set my cut off at 165cm as a guy but wouldn't dismiss someone shorter if for example they excelled in other ways.

I just find it somewhat ironic that it's the petite women i.e. the scraps from the bottom of the barrel, who tend to be the most superficial when they're hardly alpha female glamazons themselves.

Petite women arent scraps at the bottom of the barrell lol. Short height isnt a negative for women. Short height is just a negative for men.
It's simply not the same. You can't stimulate your height for sexual pleasure, can you? Stating your exact preferences in breast size is kind of perverted. A guy can have preferences in height just like some girls do, but saying it's the same as breast size is ridiculous.

I said they're equivalent not the same, both are secondary sexual characteristics. For most men, merely having breasts is enough. But women carry around rulers measuring you apparently so it was never really a real comparison. Anyway, not gonna be bothered with this anymore. Someone keeps making height threads to mess with our mental sanity here.
You don't merely want someone who's taller you have very specific inch preferences. It's like a guy going I don't date girls with breasts smaller than 38DD and waist larger than 28 inches.

...It's a thread asking for specific inch preferences? I'm 5'3, and average heels are 10-12 cm high, hence my "preference" for guys +175 cm. I promise you, nobody looks at a guy and wonders if he's exactly 174 or 176 cm.
Height is sexually attractive in men. It is an entirely legitimate comparison.

Exactly. I wouldn't want a girl with a flat chest and if she was someone I really liked and was attractive in other features and ways I would strongly encourage them to get a boob job. There's no shame in having surgery to look better. God didn't make us all equal but God did give us the knowledge and skills to improve ourselves.

I'm not denying there is definitely a double standard and I find that ridiculous myself.
Exactly. I wouldn't want a girl with a flat chest and if she was someone I really liked and was attractive in other features and ways I would strongly encourage them to get a boob job. There's no shame in having surgery to look better. God didn't make us all equal but God did give us the knowledge and skills to improve ourselves.

I hightly encourage you not to pressure a girl into changing their body for your sake.
Petite women arent scraps at the bottom of the barrell lol. Short height isnt a negative for women. Short height is just a negative for men.

Maybe i'm one of the few men who doesn't like short women then?

But I guess I'm trying to highlight the irony and superficial nature of these "criteria". Height and physical features within reason are something we can't do anything about unless we have surgery. Physical attraction is one thing but that can only take you so far in life once you've had a few nights of passion, settled down, have bills to pay, kids to raise, elderly parents to take care of etc etc.

We won't all stay young and alpha male or female forever.

Latest

Trending

Trending