The Student Room Group

Uni place

Can i get into uni to study law if i have failed my gcse maths ? I am on track to get a DDD in my btec level 3 business extended diploma and i have level 5-6 gcse's and a grade 7 in my english gcse.
Maybe, but most unis ask for either a 5 or 6 in gcse maths and English language.
You should ask your school to resit maths alongside your alevels
Did your college not make you resit maths?
Original post by Hasanahmed120
Can i get into uni to study law if i have failed my gcse maths ? I am on track to get a DDD in my btec level 3 business extended diploma and i have level 5-6 gcse's and a grade 7 in my english gcse.

You'll likely be very limited in what universities would consider your application. Most unis just reject students who dont meet their minimum GCSE requirements, but if you can find one that accepts a the GCSE maths grade you have then yes.

The other thing is actually becoming a lawyer, a law degree is only one part of the process. Their are many more law students then their are lawyers, I think finding a space in chambers or a firm to offer you a training contract will be quite hard without it not to mention the effect that your limited university choice may impact your initial career opportunities.

Law is really competitive so honestly I think you should spend time doing a lot of research into this before pursuing it as I think without GCSE maths you will be climbing up hill at every step just get your foot in the door.
What do you mean by 'failed'? Did you get a grade 4 or above?
Do you realise that you could retake it next year alongside your BTEC - just ask your school.
I agree with others that it is a concern that you have failed your maths GCSE (if you have). Not only will many unis require it for Law but further down the line, some law firms will require it. And when you are applying for training contracts, some firms will require you to pass assessments that include analysing your numerical skills so that could be a problem.

I think you should consider retaking your maths GCSE if there is any opportunity to do so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending