The Student Room Group

Is it an offence to message someone on social media?

I broke up with my ex and I kept messaging her, but she told me to stop or else she'd report me. Am I committing an offence if I'm sending unwanted messages? They're not anything for concern, just normal messages but is it an offence and counted as harassment?

Scroll to see replies

The fact that you have to ask this is astounding. Leave her alone.

The lack of self-awareness displayed here is truly astonishing, embarrassing for you.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I broke up with my ex and I kept messaging her, but she told me to stop or else she'd report me. Am I committing an offence if I'm sending unwanted messages? They're not anything for concern, just normal messages but is it an offence and counted as harassment?

Yes - leave her alone.
You broke up with her so stop being annoying and leave her alone
What’s a div?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
What’s a div?

Divvy - dafty, fool
(edited 2 years ago)
Well, evidently :biggrin:
Reply 7
Should I ask her if she wants to be friends at least? I haven't messaged her in 3 weeks 😭😂. Everyone hates me in this section 😭😭😂
Should I ask her if she wants to be friends at least? I haven't messaged her in 3 weeks 😭😂. Everyone hates me in this section 😭😭😂

She clearly doesn't want to be friends. Leave he alone.
Reply 9
An ex asking you to stop sending her messages should be enough of a reason to knock it off. Stop bothering her.
I saw the derivation before you removed it - why’d you get rid of it? That’s an awesome etymology! Nearly as good as ’’bikini’’. I guess there just isn’t enough evidence for it...?
But what if she secretly wants me back 🤔

On the off-chance that you're not trolling, yes this is harassment and yes, it can be an offence if it's serious enough. Stop it and get a life.

:troll:

Cos you're being creepy and harassing her
Original post by Plagioclase
On the off-chance that you're not trolling, yes this is harassment and yes, it can be an offence if it's serious enough. Stop it and get a life.

It's not anything serious. It was just a cou

:troll:

Is that you agreeing? I mean women are hard to understand 😭

You're definitely a troll
It's not anything serious. It was just a cou

Is that you agreeing? I mean women are hard to understand 😭

No, that’s an emoji for a troll. Because you’re a troll.
You're definitely a troll

I'm being serious she might want me back 🤔
No, that’s an emoji for a troll. Because you’re a troll.

I'm being 100% genuine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending