The Student Room Group

Stressed about Uni

Is anyone else so stressed about not getting onto the course they want for Uni?

Being in Year 13 now is honestly so stressful. I'm so afraid I won't get into Uni, our teachers aren't allowed to tell us what they are going to give us but one of my teachers let it slip and it wasn't the response I was hoping for. I've been upset all day ever since, we finish in a week and they are submitting our grades soon and I was told before hand that they would help us in anyway they could (they didn't). I'm scared about not getting into my dream Uni now :frown:

Does anyone else feel this way?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Feel exactly the same way!! It’s so hard to shake off the worry, especially as we’ve got so long to wait until we get our results, why can’t they just tell us now so we can prepare 😔 I just keep going over in my head what I’m going to do next year if I don’t get in. Are you considering settling for a ‘worse’ uni though clearing or resitting exams and reapplying for 2022 entry? They’re the options I’m trying to decide on, it seems a shame to postpone uni and everything for a year but I suppose at this stage there’s nothing we can do really 😌 The worst things the uncertainty, like I have no clue if in 4 months I’ll still be at home or off at university!! Good luck with everything, there’s so many of us in the same boat, it’s gonna work out alright in the end 🤞xx
It's the same at my daughters school. Missed so much education and now sitting full content A level papers from last year. Then the computing teacher today said the grade boundaries will be the same as normal A level ones. This is depsite that they missed pretty much half of sixth form, had no study time, no catch up, didn't cover the syllabus. It's a disaster! She's gone from predicted As and A stars to now very much a worry of if she will pass any. I don't think the uni's she's applied for will be happening but hoping she can get enough for the apprenticeship she's been offered. I think you guys have all done well to make it this far in very difficult times with uncertain future. All you can do is work hard, try your best and remember life isn't a race. Doing an extra year will be fine and I honestly think you should have been offered the choice to repeat the year, due to all the missed education - I read tonight the average is 111 school days missed during the pandemic. Also remember some unis will be understanding to this and might accept you with lower grades. Good luck all
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Omds yes. It’s frustrating me that I have no indication of if I’m doing well or not
Reply 4
Gosh yes thought I was the only one oof
Yh kinda anxious , cos my overthinking brain takes my imagination too far that I don't get into my first choice and I don't even get the grades for my insurance , redoing the year blah blah
Imo i wasn't even this anxious , when I was doing exams cos I used to have an idea of what I would get now there just nothing and it makes me anxious .
Thats my rant oof
Reply 5
If you don't get on the uni course you don't get on, go on another course and move on. It's not the end of the world lol
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ..M..
Feel exactly the same way!! It’s so hard to shake off the worry, especially as we’ve got so long to wait until we get our results, why can’t they just tell us now so we can prepare 😔 I just keep going over in my head what I’m going to do next year if I don’t get in. Are you considering settling for a ‘worse’ uni though clearing or resitting exams and reapplying for 2022 entry? They’re the options I’m trying to decide on, it seems a shame to postpone uni and everything for a year but I suppose at this stage there’s nothing we can do really 😌 The worst things the uncertainty, like I have no clue if in 4 months I’ll still be at home or off at university!! Good luck with everything, there’s so many of us in the same boat, it’s gonna work out alright in the end 🤞xx

I keep think about it too. Should I change my course to get to the same uni or should I change my uni? So stressful. I'll definitely have to just settle for a different uni because I want to go this year. Thank you for the kind words :smile: Good luck to you too xx
Reply 7
Original post by coco88
I keep think about it too. Should I change my course to get to the same uni or should I change my uni? So stressful. I'll definitely have to just settle for a different uni because I want to go this year. Thank you for the kind words :smile: Good luck to you too xx

Hi there, I suppose it depends on how set you are on the course/career and how willing you are to jeopardise that just to go to a certain uni. If you can find a course that is similar to it then maybe it is worth changing, and getting to study at your dream uni, however if there are no similar courses then maybe it would be best to go to a different uni; you’ll be able to get an amazing degree and a job regardless of where you graduate from 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending