Alwispa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am starting a part-time doctorate in October and am hoping to apply for a doctoral loan. Recently, the outstanding balance from my previous student loans from 1993-1996 was cancelled and I wondered if this would have an effect on my application?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alwispa)
I am starting a part-time doctorate in October and am hoping to apply for a doctoral loan. Recently, the outstanding balance from my previous student loans from 1993-1996 was cancelled and I wondered if this would have an effect on my application?
Hi Alwispa, if you are behind on repayments then this can affect your eligibility to be approved for further funding.

What do you mean by cancelled?

Thanks, Isaac
Alwispa
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi Alwispa, if you are behind on repayments then this can affect your eligibility to be approved for further funding.

What do you mean by cancelled?

Thanks, Isaac
Thanks - I'm not behind in payments - they were just written off after 25 years as I hadn't earned enough to repay them all as I had deferred some years. I know if I was in arrears that would be a problem but I haven't been able to find anything about what happens if the first loans are written off. Maybe there aren't many people as old as me applying for doctoral loans!!!
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks - I'm not behind in payments - they were just written off after 25 years as I hadn't earned enough to repay them all as I had deferred some years. I know if I was in arrears that would be a problem but I haven't been able to find anything about what happens if the first loans are written off. Maybe there aren't many people as old as me applying for doctoral loans!!!
Based on that information, I'd expect everything to be fine as your previous loan was written off.
Thanks, Isaac
Alwispa
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Based on that information, I'd expect everything to be fine as your previous loan was written off.
Thanks, Isaac
That's great news!
Thanks Isaac.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's great news!
Thanks Isaac.
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
15.53%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (63)
30.58%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
12.14%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (17)
8.25%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.83%
I think it's an unfair expectation (54)
26.21%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.46%

Watched Threads