The Student Room Group

Practical Test Tips

I’ve got my practical test this Monday. I really wanna pass first time so I don’t have to be out in the COVID list again. Does anyone have any tips for passing??
Thanks
Original post by jackabee46
I’ve got my practical test this Monday. I really wanna pass first time so I don’t have to be out in the COVID list again. Does anyone have any tips for passing??
Thanks

If you make any mistakes, don't beat yourself up over them, don't swear aloud or feel the need to apologise. Just quietly sort them out without making a fuss.

The example my instructor gave me was "if you lightly touch the kerb during a maneuver, don't draw attention to it, just style it out and carry on with what you are doing. The examiner may either not notice, or not feel is was a serious mistake."

One method that I use to get in the right mindset, (for interviews or other stressful things), is to imagine that I've passed already and it's the day after. So you're out for a normal drive and just driving to the best of your ability.
Reply 2
And please don't go down the route of driving super slowly.
Reply 3
Original post by jackabee46
Thanks

How did you do?
Reply 4
Original post by Ellepper
How did you do?

I’ve only just saw this! I passed first time with 5 (stupid) minors!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending