The Student Room Group

how to stop obsession over a girl :/

so i have been obsessed with this girl for like 3 years. i'm a girl too, i'm straight and it's not in a romantic way. i haven't seen her irl for like 1 and a half years, since i left school, but i still think abt her. at school, we were cool with eachother but we were not close friends. i used to be quite popular and had alot of friends, but i got nervous when i spoke to her (like she's my crush or something). now, i just stalk her through social media.

i just admire her so much, the way she looks, her personality, her style and everything. i'm very jealous of her, but not in a way that i hate her. i just wish i was her so bad. she's just perfect in every way. i feel like even her imperfections just make me like her more. i screen shot her posts so they can be on my phone, because i look at them for too long. this just makes me sound like a creep which i hate.

even though this obsession hurts no one really, i feel like i'll never get over this obsession. in 5 years i don't want to still be obsessed over this girl that doesn't even remember my name. i know it might sound like i have a crush on her (which even i thought myself), but it's not like that. i can get over crushes very easily, but not her.

please give me any advice or let me know if you have been through similar. i never get upset over the most beautiful models in the world, but when i see her my heart just hurts because of how much i want to be her. even though she is pretty, i know she's not drop dead gorgeous. it's just all her flaws make her even more pretty (IDK how to explain ughh)
Reply 1
well this is something

-no hate
Hey OP, don’t be so harsh on yourself, the fact that you are self-aware on how this behaviour is unhealthy is a huge step and you should be proud of yourself for realising the issue. Try to block the girl on social media so that way you do not stalk or obsess over her posts. If it comes down to it, you might want to see a counsellor or therapist as well, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Imo all of us should see a therapist for all sorts of reasons. Best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending