The Student Room Group

How many calories should I eat?

i’m 125lbs now and i’d like to be 110lbs by the time i go to uni (2 months). how many calories should i eat a day to get to that goal?
Around 1200, don’t eat any less than this otherwise you’ll end up binge eating after a couple of days/weeks and then feel bad about it.
Perhaps aim to eat as normal but add in a work out a few times a week?
Don’t force yourself to loose weight too quickly as once you loose the weight you might end up putting it all back on - instead make small changes to your lifestyle eg have a vodka Diet Coke rather than a vodka coke or if you fancy a sweet snack have a bowl of fruit first. You’ll end up improving your health and loose weight without punishing yourself.
125 is a healthy weight so don’t allow the media’s perspectives on body types to make you feel like you need to loose lbs. You’ll be miserable at uni if all you do is count calories and you could end up missing out on fun opportunities with new friends.
You’ll find something that works for you and you’ll look fab either way!! Enjoy uni!
I'd suggest you eat a normal amount of calories (i.e. 2,500 for an adult male 2,000 for a female), and try exercising a bit more.

Without knowing more about you, it's impossible for anyone to accurately recommend the right amount as it depends on your weight, height and metabolism.

If you did 20-30 mins of light / moderate exercise a day (e.g. a walk, a leisurely cycle ride, a yoga / Pilates class etc.) I'm sure you'd hit your goals without having to alter your diet

Spoiler

Don't forget about the quality of these calories. I guess that it is even more important than the amount of calories itself.

Quick Reply

Latest