The Student Room Group

Tesco job induction

Any advice / information would be appreciated, as I have my induction tomorrow (Fri 23rd July)

What do you have to do at the Tesco induction and what would you advise to wear. I think I have posted this previously, but can no longer find the post

Thank you in advance for any advice / information.
I have mine too! No idea what to expect, although I’ve read that most people go smart casual e.g., black work trousers, neutral trainers/pumps and a plain shirt/blouse. I was only invited this afternoon, so I’m opting for some black slip ons, black trousers and a ruched top. Good luck - most people say it’s a walk in the park and quite literally a tour, so I’m sure we’ll be fine!! xx :smile:
Hunni,Just wear a white / blue short or long sleeve blouse, black / navy trousers, flat comfortable s***s or trainers ( black ).Induction is just basically doing necessary paperwork - bank details, national insurance, proof of right to work in uk , watching DVDs on health and safety regs, about tesco and may be asked to do something on the shop floor.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Jobsandsobs
I have mine too! No idea what to expect, although I’ve read that most people go smart casual e.g., black work trousers, neutral trainers/pumps and a plain shirt/blouse. I was only invited this afternoon, so I’m opting for some black slip ons, black trousers and a ruched top. Good luck - most people say it’s a walk in the park and quite literally a tour, so I’m sure we’ll be fine!! xx :smile:

Yes wear a blue ( or black ) / white shirt , black / navy blue trousers, flat comfortable trainers or s*** ( black or blue ).

You be watching DVDs on health and safety regs, about the company, filling in all necessary paperwork required - bank details, proof of right to work in uk, national insurance, etc . then shown around shop floor area and maybe offered some things to do on it as depends on how long they keep yous there for induction.

A t/leader & stand in supervisor with them.
Original post by Tracey_W
Yes wear a blue ( or black ) / white shirt , black / navy blue trousers, flat comfortable trainers or s*** ( black or blue ).

You be watching DVDs on health and safety regs, about the company, filling in all necessary paperwork required - bank details, proof of right to work in uk, national insurance, etc . then shown around shop floor area and maybe offered some things to do on it as depends on how long they keep yous there for induction.

How likely are we to do something on the floor? I’m a bit worried about messing up haha
How likely are we to do something on the floor? I’m a bit worried about messing up haha

You could be but it is hard to say as every manager's does there things different.
You can not mess up doing anything on a shop floor as if you get asked to take /put some tins on shelves you generally just bring what already there forward and put new stock at back of it.

I would say that doing till training is worse than putting stuff out on shelves !!!

Hunni,Just wear a white / blue short or long sleeve blouse, black / navy trousers, flat comfortable s***s or trainers ( black ).Induction is just basically doing necessary paperwork - bank details, national insurance, proof of right to work in uk , watching DVDs on health and safety regs, about tesco and may be asked to do something on the shop floor.

You could be but it is hard to say as every manager's does there things different.
You can not mess up doing anything on a shop floor as if you get asked to take /put some tins on shelves you generally just bring what already there forward and put new stock at back of it.

I would say that doing till training is worse than putting stuff out on shelves !!!

Thank you all for the advice, much appreciated
Original post by katie.weston
Thank you all for the advice, much appreciated

Hope things went well for you today at induction x
Hope things went well for you today at induction x

It did, thank you.
Original post by katie.weston
It did, thank you.

Hi Katie xx

Glad your induction went well for you and I really hope you'll enjoy working tesco and you there for many years to come like myself x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending