The Student Room Group

ATAS

I recently applied for an ATAS and a few days ago, I got an email from the ATAS team asking me to provide one referee from my home country, Pakistan. However, I did my undergraduate work in Canada. Therefore, I initially provided the contact details of two professors from the Candian University I went to, but then ATAS sent me an email requesting referees from my home country. I emailed them explaining my issue but they said they won't reply to emails for the next 15 days or so. What should I do in this situation as they have asked me to resubmit the application with the referee information they require? Any help would be appreciated.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by drosophila88
I recently applied for an ATAS and a few days ago, I got an email from the ATAS team asking me to provide one referee from my home country, Pakistan. However, I did my undergraduate work in Canada. Therefore, I initially provided the contact details of two professors from the Candian University I went to, but then ATAS sent me an email requesting referees from my home country. I emailed them explaining my issue but they said they won't reply to emails for the next 15 days or so. What should I do in this situation as they have asked me to resubmit the application with the referee information they require? Any help would be appreciated.

The easiest way to resolve it would be to meet their requirements and send a referee from your home country (i.e. before you went to Canada). Bear in mind that ATAS is not interested in what you did at university, they are interested in your right to study in the UK.

Your other option if you absolutely do not have anyone who could provide a reference from your home country is to either wait for the email response, or ask your university to call them and speak to them on the phone (they don't speak to applicants directly).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending