The Student Room Group

Stomach pain for 1 month?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by volka
Sounds more like constipation to me... You have been seen and examined by at least 3 different doctors who presumably didn't think you had obstruction?

No they didn't think but they male uncorrect diagnosis too
Original post by Allyson2020
Obviously GP/doctors thought there isn't anything serious to worry about that they won't send you for any xrays/ultrasound tests at hospital as otherwise they would have done so.

I think everybody gets stomach noises as nothing to worry about ok.

I would intend to think its constipation you got as certain foods etc can do this to any of us .

Here's a reason to think about why your GP not sending you for any tests etc okay.

How do I know if my stomach pain is serious.......... If any of this sounds like what you got then seek medical advise ( I'm a registered NHS nurse ) I can't diagnosed you as that's why you got a doctor for to tell you what is wrong with you.

You should get help immediately if you develop any of the following symptoms along with your stomach pain:
Abdomen is extremely hard.
Abdominal tenderness when it is touched.
Coughing up or vomiting blood.
Persistent vomiting.
Bloody diarrhea.
Chest pain or pressure.
Difficulty breathing.
Dizziness.

But how can they tell if it's serious or not. They haven't looked into my stomach
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
No they didn't think but they male uncorrect diagnosis too

Not sure what you meant here. But you have been given very good advice by Anonymous #2:

You've ignored what I've written. Forget the imaging. Ask them to explain why they won't. It sounds like you're unsure, and if you speak to them and are explained that actually, they are correct/incorrect, you might feel better. You are in pain, you have a legitimate reason to be distressed, explain to them that you don't feel safe not taking further action.
Original post by volka
Not sure what you meant here. But you have been given very good advice by Anonymous #2:

I mean they made a mistake in the diagnosis???
Reply 24
I mean they made a mistake in the diagnosis???

So you don't trust doctors? Will you trust the results of a scan then? Scans don't always pick things up either, you know...

I would really encourage you to fallow Anon 2's advice.
Original post by volka
So you don't trust doctors? Will you trust the results of a scan then? Scans don't always pick things up either, you know...

I would really encourage you to fallow Anon 2's advice.

Scans show the insides very well . Nhs has misdiagnosed me many times.
Reply 26
Scans show the insides very well . Nhs has misdiagnosed me many times.

You'd be surprised at how often they miss things
Original post by volka
You'd be surprised at how often they miss things

How can they miss things? I ve had 2 MRIs and they saw everything
Reply 28
How can they miss things? I ve had 2 MRIs and they saw everything

Different scans are good for different things - just because one scan has not shown up something, doesn't mean that a problem would not have been picked up by a different type of scan. And some things just don't show up very well on scans - e.g. endometriosis is usually diagnosed through having key whole surgery as it just does not show up on scans. Scans are also interpreted by human beings so that introduces a degree of error too. So it is really not as simple as you think it is.
Original post by volka
Different scans are good for different things - just because one scan has not shown up something, doesn't mean that a problem would not have been picked up by a different type of scan. And some things just don't show up very well on scans - e.g. endometriosis is usually diagnosed through having key whole surgery as it just does not show up on scans. Scans are also interpreted by human beings so that introduces a degree of error too. So it is really not as simple as you think it is.

Thanks for backing me up earlier aha, I really just feel Anon needs to go to the hospital and explain that he/she/they do not understand their diagnosis, are still in pain and are very concerned. Having it explained again might highlight a mistake, as anon feels has been made, or reassure them :smile:
Hey,

defo tell your gp you have pelvic pain (pain below the bellybutton). If you feel a lump, that’s something for concern for sure. Don’t give up. Keep fighting for more help
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by FeatherKay
Hey,

defo tell your gp you have pelvic pain (pain below the bellybutton). If you feel a lump, that’s something for concern for sure. Don’t give up. Keep fighting for more help

I told her. She still refused to do imaging and keeps saying I have constipation
Thanks for backing me up earlier aha, I really just feel Anon needs to go to the hospital and explain that he/she/they do not understand their diagnosis, are still in pain and are very concerned. Having it explained again might highlight a mistake, as anon feels has been made, or reassure them :smile:

I told her. She still refused to do imaging and keeps saying I have constipation

They aren't listening to me
Reply 33

Agreed, though I would say going to the GP is more appropriate than going to hospital (I.e. A&E)

Have you tried treatment for constipation to see if that settles you symptoms?
Original post by volka
Agreed, though I would say going to the GP is more appropriate than going to hospital (I.e. A&E)

Have you tried treatment for constipation to see if that settles you symptoms?

There's no treatment. She says I need buscopan and laxatives. When it's not the case. She hasn't even looked into my abdomen the how can she assume I have constipation? It's like unless you are facing death like situation, they just won't take you seriously. They don't believe in prevention. They believe in making things worst then trying to treat it.

She did my blood work and says it's normal. But calls for me discussing a normal blood report. What the hell is this
Reply 35
3 months for me
Original post by gjd800
3 months for me

What 3 months?
Reply 37
What 3 months?

Stomach problems
Original post by gjd800
Stomach problems

What kind of problems are you facing?
Reply 39
What kind of problems are you facing?

The other way to you - cannot keep anything in. But it is also swollen and sore to touch

I have referrals for scans, thankfully. Not sure how much longer I can put up with this

Quick Reply

Latest